Author Topic: Obit search Ohio 1964  (Read 278 times)

Online Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
Re: Obit search Ohio 1964
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 July 23 19:11 BST (UK) »
His Declaration of Intention states he has 5 children, all living in Belgium. It also states he is not married. Did his wife die prior to his immigration? Or they divorced?

His youngest child was born January 1910 and died September 1910. In January he was reported as absent, in September his wife stated that he was residing in the USA. As far as I know they did not get a divorce. His wife died in 1956. Maybe they were living their lifes separately, with the ocean in between them.

Thank you for all your help.

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 July 23 01:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this obit. I suppose he was unmarried, since no wife/ widow or offspring is mentioned?

You might have mentioned that you already knew that Ernest had family in Belgium in your original post. Saves RC'ers from searching for information that you have.

Online Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 July 23 18:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this obit. I suppose he was unmarried, since no wife/ widow or offspring is mentioned?

You might have mentioned that you already knew that Ernest had family in Belgium in your original post. Saves RC'ers from searching for information that you have.

Sorry for this. I should 've been more clear that I knew about his family in Belgium. I just wanted to know if he remarried in the States, but it seems he never did.