Author Topic: Ramsey Parish Record LOOKUP needed - Overall  (Read 391 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Ramsey Parish Record LOOKUP needed - Overall
« on: Monday 24 July 23 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I was hoping SKS may have access to and be able to check the Ramsey Parish registers for the below:

Burial:
John Overall, son of James Overall - suspected to have died in 1681 (baptised 3 Mar 1680/81, another child also named John was baptised 9 Sep 1683) There are 4 John's born to this family, I have the details of the others...just missing this chap's burial.

Baptism:
Owen Overall, son of James Overall - suspected to be born in 1689/90 (buried 18 Feb 1691/92)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ;)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Online QueenoftheWest

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ramsey Parish Record LOOKUP needed - Overall
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 July 23 13:04 BST (UK) »
Burial:
John Overall, son of James Overall - suspected to have died in 1681 (baptised 3 Mar 1680/81, another child also named John was baptised 9 Sep 1683) There are 4 John's born to this family, I have the details of the others...just missing this chap's burial.

Can only see a transcript, but FindMyPast has a John Overal, son of James, buried on 15th April 1681 in Ramsey. Also another John Overall, son of James, on 2nd February 1680, but I guess you have this one.

Queenie  :)
Fidler - West Ilsley, Berkshire
Hamlin/Hamlyn - Long Sutton & Martock, Somerset
Head - Marlborough & Alton Priors, Wiltshire
Minson - Kingstone, Somerset/Symondsbury, Dorset
Owsley - Buckland St Mary, Somerset
Pyke - (West) Weeke/Wick, Pewsey, Wiltshire
Salisbury - Dowlish Wake/West Dowlish, Somerset

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 July 23 13:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Queenie, that's fab ;)

Yes, I do have the burial for John Overall in 1680.

Any luck with Owen?

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Online QueenoftheWest

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 July 23 14:30 BST (UK) »
I can't actually find any baptisms for James' children online  ???

Have you found baptisms for the others?

I can only see lots of his children being buried. Very sad; I wonder if there was some kind of outbreak at that time.

Queenie  :)
Fidler - West Ilsley, Berkshire
Hamlin/Hamlyn - Long Sutton & Martock, Somerset
Head - Marlborough & Alton Priors, Wiltshire
Minson - Kingstone, Somerset/Symondsbury, Dorset
Owsley - Buckland St Mary, Somerset
Pyke - (West) Weeke/Wick, Pewsey, Wiltshire
Salisbury - Dowlish Wake/West Dowlish, Somerset

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 July 23 04:06 BST (UK) »
Hey Queenie,

None of the Ramsey baptisms are online, that's why I posted hoping that someone might have access to a copy of the Parish Registers to look up.

SKS who had access to transcriptions helped me out a few years back, and I have baptisms for 12 of their children, but for some reason I am missing Owen....

James Overall & Carrina Hull had 13 children, but of those only 4 survived into adulthood.

So, yes....very sad :'(

Jenny

Offline fhtess1165

• RootsChat Extra
  • http://writingmypast.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 July 23 15:35 BST (UK) »
If I understand correctly, Ancestry has digitized the parish records in the Cambridgeshire Archives, which also includes those from Huntingdonshire, and they should be available on Ancestry later this year or early next year. I too have parish register entries from Ramsey I need to see. Am just holding tight until next year!

Hey Queenie,

None of the Ramsey baptisms are online, that's why I posted hoping that someone might have access to a copy of the Parish Registers to look up.

<SNIP>
Spong, Taylor, Ferdinando, Lawley, Cox, Sinkins, Morris, Sidney, Keel, Montgomery, Barlow, Izzard, Pearce, Warboys, River, Sherrell, White, Beake

Online Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 July 23 21:34 BST (UK) »
Transcript of Ramsey PR has baptism

21 January 1690/91
Owen  s/o Mr James Overal
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 July 23 01:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Galium! That baptism fits the family perfectly ;)

And how exciting that Cambridgeshire (and hopefully Huntingdonshire) records will be coming to Ancestry soon...I had not heard that, I'll keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed  ;D

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 26 July 23 07:26 BST (UK) »
Galium, I wonder if I could trouble you to look up a few more Ramsey baptisms?

I have one more Overall to place....

John Overall son of James Overall - buried 16 Jul 1676 Ramsey (I suspect baptised between 1669-1675 to fit in with other siblings)

Also just discovered links to the Swain family of Ramsey. Could you check for baptisms of the below children, and any other children to Robert Swain/Swaine?

John son of Robert Swaine buried 23 Aug 1677 Ramsey
Booth son of Robert Swaine buried 17 Jun 1681 Ramsey
Robert son of Robert Swaine buried 6 Jul 1682 Ramsey
Thomas son of Robert Swaine buried 11 Apr 1684 Ramsey
Catharine dau of Mr Robert Swain buried 2 Feb 1690 Ramsey
William son of Mr Robert Swain buried 5 Jan 1695 Ramsey

I believe that Robert Swain's wife was Dorothy (buried 26 Mar 1695 Ramsey) and that they had at least 3 other children that lived to adulthood that I would love to find baptisms for: Dorothy, Carrina & another Robert.

Thanks so much  ;)

Jenny