Author Topic: Sarah Standing  (Read 369 times)

Offline Loulou330

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Standing
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 August 23 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Thank you so much for all your help and assistance on my search  :)

LouLou
Densham, Dillon, Downham, Star, Vernon, Labbett, Grubb, Hobbs, Jeal, Noakes, Jolly, Busby, Bowskill, Tagg, Heasman, Sutcliffe, Gill, Lee, Bradley, Aked, Allsop, Harrison, Mekin, Hopkins, Hogston, Blackmore, Parker, Passmore, Steer, Linggard, Connolly, Wallace, Reed, Piper, Medhurst, Doggett, Garton, Evans, Norvill

Offline Loulou330

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 August 23 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Nell,

Could you give me a bit of clue as to where exactly the Sussex wills are on Family Search - I don't find the site very user friendly and for the life of me I cannot find them.

Many thanks,

Loulou
Densham, Dillon, Downham, Star, Vernon, Labbett, Grubb, Hobbs, Jeal, Noakes, Jolly, Busby, Bowskill, Tagg, Heasman, Sutcliffe, Gill, Lee, Bradley, Aked, Allsop, Harrison, Mekin, Hopkins, Hogston, Blackmore, Parker, Passmore, Steer, Linggard, Connolly, Wallace, Reed, Piper, Medhurst, Doggett, Garton, Evans, Norvill

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 August 23 20:49 BST (UK) »
They are on various films.  I suggest that you go to the catalogue search, put in Sussex in the place field and choose online.

From the long list of Sussex records, choose 'Probate' to expand.  There are 39 entries.  You need to choose which ecclesiastical court proved the will to find the correct film.

This is for the wills proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Lewes:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/685691?availability=Family%20History%20Library

and this is South Malling Deanery

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/173636?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Although  :-[ I see that the Standen will is a PCC will which are available from TNA, again free with an account.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk