Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 6th August  (Read 1674 times)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 6th August
« Reply #18 on: Friday 04 August 23 14:00 BST (UK) »
The dog treed two raccoons this morning, they are nocturnal so were out a bit late, 6:30 am.  They did look cute peering down from the tree (neighbour's, but hangs over our fence) but were likely terrified, looked young.
Off to look for frying pans soon, looked at a flyer, very expensive!  Dropping off a puzzle and getting one in return as a trade.
Going to Niagara region this weekend, will see my grandson, how he is growing, going on for ten months old now.
Still warm here, but thankfully cooled down a bit.  Heavy storms in Ottawa last night, where son lives, they are travelling today to Niagara, there was a tornado touch down south of Ottawa.  Very unusual, the tornado activity this year and that far north.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 05 August 23 17:52 BST (UK) »
I can't believe it!  It's early August - I've had a thermal vest on under my fleece nearly all day, and I'm still cold.  AND it's getting to the time when I'll have to switch on the lights - 17.50.  Oh the joys of the English summer weather.  :-\  Never mind, next week or sometime, we will all be complaining that it's too hot.  :-*

ADDED:

But nothing compared to this!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-66418007
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 05 August 23 19:02 BST (UK) »
Well, it is August after all BB and the Christmas season is upon us once again .. or so you would think from one shop I went in this week and saw that they have Christmas stock out already!
I haven't written on the diary thread for some time because I have had a lot going on and I just couldn't summon the words to talk about it all.  Two family members in hospital; so lots of visiting.  For one it will be a 'journey'; I won't say more than that.  The other was my brother - he hasn't been in the best of health for many years and sadly he died.😢  He was the last of my siblings and it has felt quite a blow.  He never complained and I miss him so much.  His funeral went very well and so many turned up to pay their last respects and it was a comfort to hear all the nice things people had to say about him.
I said that I was glad  that I had been able to be there at the end for him and my other siblings.  My nephew, son of my late sister said "I know, and if I ever go into hospital and see you coming, I think I'll scream!"
Also, my son's dog, our family dog Jessie also sadly died.😢  She was 19 and we couldn't have wished for a more loving and gentle dog.  My son had got her from the Newcastle Cat & Dog Shelter when she was estimated to be age 2.
Also, the newish Pastor at Church has now left but I wasn't there for his last day as I was on shift.
Also the hairdresser has closed down, so I look like I share dna with a Yetty at the moment.  It looks like there is building work going on at the front and when I rang there was just a tone.  Online it says it is only temporarily closed but no indication about how long. I have been going there for donkeys years and feel reluctant to go elsewhere but I might have to as it won't be long now until I look like I share Yetty dna on both sides!😱
I went to see SiL yesterday.  I have thanked  her for the good care she has taken of my brother over the years.  She said "We took care of each other".  True.  I told her not to walk with me to the bus stop on return as her walking is not so good now.  Unfortunately, we both suspect she might have a long time on the waiting list to get things sorted out. :-\
When I got to my home area on the bus, a large group of young men piled down the stairs and none were pausing for me.  However, there were another two young men behind me and one called out "Howay lads!  Where's the respect?!".  It was only then that the last ones looked a bit sheepish and paused to let me go first.  Eeh! I think my Dad would have been proud of that young man who insisted on courtesy.  ;)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 05 August 23 19:15 BST (UK) »
Oh dear RTL, so sorry to hear about the death of your brother, been a difficult time for you recently, had wondered where you were and were you OK.

There are courteous young men around , often we think, not many, I always make sure I do a good  job of thanking them, makes them feel appreciated.

Try to take time for yourself RTL

Take  care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 05 August 23 22:40 BST (UK) »
Oh RTL I’m sorry to hear about what’s been going on for you. Be gentle with yourself as you regroup.
CF
North East of England

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 05 August 23 22:47 BST (UK) »
I too was wondering about you RTL,sorry to read of the sadness in your life at the present time .

These things often come not alone,and life can be very hard.
Look after yourself , it does no good to ignore your own needs at times of sadness and  stress.

Kindest regards and good wishes for your own well being.
Viktoria.

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 06 August 23 08:15 BST (UK) »
Sincere condolences and our sympathy rtl.
take care.
rj
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 06 August 23 08:38 BST (UK) »
So sorry to hear you have had such a sad and difficult time RTL. Many things seem to happen all around the same time, try and keep your spirit up. 💐
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 06 August 23 12:00 BST (UK) »
Very sorry to hear about your losses, RTL.  May your memories be of comfort to you.