Author Topic: Bring out your Photos Please for Restoring and Dating  (Read 1153 times)

Offline jmagarac

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bring out your Photos Please for Restoring and Dating
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 August 23 15:32 BST (UK) »
I would add that your best capture is going to be one that is in FOCUS.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 August 23 16:45 BST (UK) »
If you don't mind me saying, it is best to give out basic instructions as you are in danger of blinding people with science.
From experience, I would say that for many people who post on here, that in itself, is often challenging.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jmagarac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 August 23 17:04 BST (UK) »
If you don't mind me saying, it is best to give out basic instructions as you are in danger of blinding people with science.
From experience, I would say that for many people who post on here, that in itself, is often challenging.
Carol

No... I do not mind at all. I'll try and be more basic. At the same time... I would like folks to get the best results they can.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 30 August 23 18:17 BST (UK) »
That has been my aim for 17 years of restoring photos on here.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jmagarac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 30 August 23 18:46 BST (UK) »
Carol

Sounds like very sound advice.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 30 August 23 18:51 BST (UK) »
Carol

Yep, as Carol says,  jmagarac, if you go back to the first pages of this Board and look through all the 509 pages , you'll find that many of us have been trying to do just that - there are even instructions on how to scan.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jmagarac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 30 August 23 19:44 BST (UK) »
Carol

Yep, as Carol says,  jmagarac, if you go back to the first pages of this Board and look through all the 509 pages , you'll find that many of us have been trying to do just that - there are even instructions on how to scan.

Gadget

Thank you. I appreciate you input. I "have" looked at a number of the previous pages - very impressive.  And I have read the entire article on scanning. I thought it was extremely well written. If somehow anyone has interpreted my latest response to be anything other than but "in agreement with you all", I sincerely apologize. I have even gone back and modified my explanations (posts) to take into account what Carol has appropriately called out. It is not my intent - nor would it ever be to make this process anymore challenging for anyone.