Author Topic: Scotlands People Special Delivery System  (Read 402 times)

Offline McKelvieClan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scotlands People Special Delivery System
« on: Wednesday 02 August 23 10:17 BST (UK) »
I have ordered 2 birth certificates from Scotlands People and I paid for them to be delivererd by Special Delivery.  A few days have past and not received.  Checked my order and and its being fulfilled.  Has not been despatched yet.
Emailed Scotlands People and received email saying that special delivery service is not available and as a favour they will send them out to me today. 
I have been charged for special delivery.  They offering a service that they cant fulfil.  Doesn't seem right.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Scotlands People Special Delivery System
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 August 23 10:30 BST (UK) »
Did order page state that Special Delivery would in addition be processed quicker?

I have been charged for special delivery.  They offering a service that they cant fulfil.  Doesn't seem right

How did they respond when you said this to them? Are they also refunding part postage cost?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline McKelvieClan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 August 23 10:30 BST (UK) »
Update just contacted Scotlands People and swift response back they do have a special delivery service its the priority service  that is not operating. 

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 August 23 11:08 BST (UK) »
They are taking the full 15 days to "fulfil" their orders. Why they cannot just say, "Order pending" is beyond me, instead of this hoity toy "Fulfilment" nonsense.

Malky

Offline McKelvieClan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 August 23 11:57 BST (UK) »
I dont really understand the difference between special delivery and normal 15 day service.  I have asked for clarification.  I know special delivery was supposed to be quicker. 

15 days is a huge amount of time to wait for a document, that you need to further your investigations. 

Why post the documents? Surely could provide a quicker service via email.  No paper, no transport, much more eco friendly.