Author Topic: Aberlour gravestones  (Read 166 times)

Offline Joyce C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Aberlour gravestones
« on: Wednesday 02 August 23 15:34 BST (UK) »
Hello.

Does anybody know if the Moray Burial Ground Research Group is still active? I wrote a couple of weeks ago requesting a quote for transcription/photos of some gravestones in Aberlour Churchyard but have had no response.

The gravestones that interest me are numbered by the mbgrg as 507a and 507b. I know there is a transcription of stone number 507b on findmypast but not of 507a. That stone relates to a Robert Findlay (my x5 Grandfather),Tailor who died in 1772 amongst other names.

Any thoughts or if anybody has that particular transcription I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Bob
Oldham - Williams Sutcliffe Brett/Britt Milner Moran
Rochdale - Shaw
Saddleworth - Winterbottom Whitehead Broadbent

Leeds - Berry, Chadwick
Womersley, Knottingley, Campsall - Pearson, Atkinson
Banffshire - Calder, Craib, Bremner
Birkenhead (Tranmere) - Roberts, Verrinder

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carolapple

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Aberlour gravestones
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 August 23 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Bob
I had successful correspondence with MBGRG late last year and they were definitely active and helpful.
I emailed with webmaster and also with the chairman Keith Mitchell who was very helpful on some queries I had.  I see that a different person is in webmaster role now.
I'd suggest doublechecking the email address used, and trying a different one.
I purchased 3 of their pdf books and have found them incredibly useful.  Helped me to discover additional perople that I didn't know about.
Are you also aware of the Libindx maintained by Moray Council?  This is really useful too.
http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp

Kind regards
Carol
Scotland - Wigtown MCKIE FRASER, Glasgow ROGERSON KELLY CAMPBELL, Forres MURRAY BLACK ANDERSON MACKENZIE.
England - Croydon SPANSWICK STEVENS MANSER