Author Topic: Stephen Barry born Bunduff 1909 and died in Birmingham 1973  (Read 194 times)

Offline Marcello

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stephen Barry born Bunduff 1909 and died in Birmingham 1973
« on: Thursday 03 August 23 17:43 BST (UK) »
I have been trying to locate the death of a Stephen Barry who is in my family tree. I ordered a death certificate for a Stephen James Barry who died in Birmingham on the 24th December 1973 as the date of birth on the index matched up but unfortunately it is not the Stephen Barry that I am looking for.

The death certificate that I have is for a Stephen James Barry, born in Bunduff on 26th December 1910 who was living in Erdington, Birmingham when he died in December 1973. Stephen's occupation was given as a joiner on the death certificate.

I have located the birth registration of a Stephen Patrick Barry, born in Bunduff on 26th December 1909, a year out with the date given at the time of death. The parents were James Barry and Eliza (nee Barry).
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1909/01593/1640290.pdf

He is also listed at age 1 on the 1911 Census.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Sligo/Cliffony_North/Bunduff/754349/

If you are researching this family and would like the death certificate for Stephen, I would be very happy to pass it on. Just pm me.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Barry born Bunduff 1909 and died in Birmingham 1973
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 August 23 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

If Stephen is in your family tree - did he marry into the family or is he a biological ancestor?

The 1911 entry is Stephen Patrick but it's not clear whether you are confirming that he is your Stephen or just another who matches the age.

Tell us what you actually know for sure about your Stephen?  Did he marry?  If so - to whom & where? 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Marcello

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 August 23 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Just to clarify, I'm wasn't actually looking for information on the Stephen in my tree. The death certificate I received was for a different Stephen I.e. Stephen James Barry who according to his death certificate was from Bunduff, born in 1910 and died in Birmingham in 1973.

So as to help anybody who thinks the Stephen on the death certificate might be part of their tree, I located a birth registration (in Bunduff) but wanted to point out there there were some discrepancies - one year of difference in the birth year (1909) and a different second name, Stephen Patrick as opposed to Stephen James. Otherwise, the date and month, and also the place of birth match the details given on the death certificate.

As this is not the Stephen Barry I was looking for, I was offering the death certificate to somebody who has interest in this family.

I have since found the 'Unwanted Certificates' section and have posted the details there.

Thanks again

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 August 23 22:08 BST (UK) »
No problem - thanks for clarifying
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)