Author Topic: Most Difficult Tree?  (Read 283 times)

Offline CallumGraham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Most Difficult Tree?
« on: Thursday 03 August 23 18:21 BST (UK) »
On my mothers side my family tree seems practically impossible as 2 of my great grandparents are adopted and my other 2 are NPE's and the mother of one of the NPE's is also an NPE and essentially for the last 3 years since taking a DNA Test I have been trying to solve all of them

So far I have managed to complete 2 of the NPE's and 1/2 of 1 of the Adoptions

I know my great grandad Arthur Rennie Weston born 1922 mother was Edith Crane (1901-1950) due to a close DNA match but I cannot find any matches so far for finding his father in the slightest. On various sites I just have very random dna matches that I find it hard to correlate with eachother

My Great Grandmother Iris (1926-1983) I found her father was Lewis Godsell (1888-1963) and was the result of an NPE situation as I have many dna matches through her mother.

My other great grandmother Doris was an NPE and my grandfathers sister told me who her father was and when I took a dna test it ended up she was correct and Ted Clarke (1900-1989) was my 2nd great grandfather. Doris mother Annie was also an NPE and her father was a man named Stephen Richard Hodges

My other adopted one I'm close to solving due to DNA matches that are close

But with Arthur R Weston (1922-1985) father I have absolutely no clue who he is father is and I have no DNA matches that I can connect together that is close enough for me to make any paper trail of.

My grandmother and grandfather refuse to test as they find the whole thing a waste of time 

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
Re: Most Difficult Tree?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 August 23 21:46 BST (UK) »
Are you sure the non adopted ones are NPE's or is it just it could be no one on their sides have tested? It is easy to jump to conclusions with ancestry DNA testing.

Which ones were adopted and which ones were the alleged NPE's? Were the non adopted ones born within marriage or were they born outside of marriage?
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Most Difficult Tree?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 August 23 12:47 BST (UK) »
Is this an Ancestry DNA test? You could try uploading to other sites i.e. MyHeritage, GEDMATCH, FamilyTreeDNA. Also if your mother has siblings it would help to test them if your grandparents don't want to test.