Author Topic: Hyde/Hill  (Read 897 times)

Offline Beechbaby

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hyde/Hill
« Reply #9 on: Friday 04 August 23 13:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you Everyone your help has "blown" my friend away with the info  :D Thank you
Nattrass  -     Heaton  -    Segwick  -  Hammersley  -  Hall -  Prestwich.  Heartwell

Offline Beechbaby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 August 23 15:29 BST (UK) »
Where would I look to see  Florence b 1872 Grantham, Lincolnshire  we could find her marriages ?
To me and I could be wrong she seems to have  married ...Hyde   then a John Hill !!!!!????
My friend always thought that Hyde was her maiden name.

Any help /advice/info once again much appreciated.  :D
Nattrass  -     Heaton  -    Segwick  -  Hammersley  -  Hall -  Prestwich.  Heartwell

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 August 23 13:53 BST (UK) »
It appears that she did not marry again as she would have still been legally married to Frederick William Whatmough.

Although it appears Fred remarried bigamously.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 August 23 15:24 BST (UK) »
I think Trish is correct that Florence didn't marry John Hyde or Hill. Fred's second marriage might have been legal if it was thought that Florence may have died, whereabouts unknown.

The other censuses have his Percy's name transcribed as Hegde in 1901: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X9LR-37X

John Hill's birthplace on the 1911 census is actually Hednesford.

If Percy Hyde married Eva Milner, his birth is recorded on the 39 register as 9th January 1901, which ties in with the birth register as Q1 1901.

His birth certificate would confirm the name of his parents, and his marriage certificate might confirm his father's name, if he knew who he was.

There is announcemnet of Fred's death in the Lincolnshire Echo 18th December 1944:
'WHATMOUGH. - On 15th December Frederick William Whatmough, late of Coleby-st., Lincoln, aged 73. Funerla at Mablethorpe. 1.45 Monday. After a long illness patiently borne. At Rest.'

David

Offline Beechbaby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 August 23 18:11 BST (UK) »
DCB    thank you......Florence is making brain working overtime ;D I can't find vol/page to send to GRO for birth certificate  as you say 1939 has him 9th Jan 1901   when I looked it up I can only see march,  Sept,  Dec!!1901s   So now trying to find vol/ page to order b certificate.
This is a real puzzler. But thank you so so much for info very much appreciated 😊

Offline Beechbaby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 August 23 21:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you  that's very interesting will try digest it all  ;)

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 06 August 23 07:56 BST (UK) »
From FreeBMD

Births Mar 1901
Hyde    Percy  Ashton  8d 459

And given to you earlier on GRO site;

HYDE, Percy   mms.  ELSTON
1901  MarQ   Ashton under Lyne Vol 08D  Page 459

As he was born January his birth would be reg in the 1st quarter of that year which was March

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Beechbaby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 06 August 23 09:42 BST (UK) »
Trish1120  thank you. I didnt quite understand registration months  my appologies for info being given twice just didn't  want my friend sending for wrong one. You have helped immensely,  everyone has and it has been appreciated.  ;)🏅

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 06 August 23 10:04 BST (UK) »
Another way to order, is to use the County BMD

Percy is under Cheshire and his mother's name is Elstron, rather than Elston.

Go to http://www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/birthsearch.php, enter the name and click on the reference - AST/149/29
It will then go through the ordering process.

For the marriage, go to http://www.yorkshirebmd.org.uk/marriagesearch.php
Enter the year, 1927, and one of the names.
It also gives the name of the church, All Saints, Owston, and click on the reference CE27/28/468 etc.

David