Author Topic: Thomas Moorhouse Sheffield area b 1839  (Read 955 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Moorhouse Sheffield area b 1839
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 August 23 09:26 BST (UK) »
Trying to pin down the correct GRO record so I can get the digital image to confirm address and mother and father.

I have

1 Baptism in Sheffield 1839 from FindMyPast, George and Mary DOB 29.3.1839
2 What I believe is an incorrect GRO with DOB 30.1. 1839 to Joseph and Mary(Hunter)
3 His second marriage 1882 to Abigail Raynes in Sheffield, father George
4 His first marriage was 1860 to Mary Ann Spencer who subsequently died . I have no cert for that
5 1841 census age 2 in Ecclesfield parents George and Mary
6 1851 census age 12 in Dronfield, Father remarried. Occupations and children match.

Any help in finding the correct GRO appreciated. This is a complicated area for registrations. Sheffield also included Ecclesall Bierlow and this are of North Sheffield at times came under Wortley and Ecclesfield.

Just one thought that came to me, - The censuses and other info has proved the mmn Hunter Thomas Moorhouse birth 1839 as eliminated -thus the baptism ( above) as proved Thomas Moorhouse father George and mother Mary existed and fits with this the census info on your Thomas Moorhouse b 1839 Wadsley Sheffield as there is no other  you have your proof (By Elimination no others exist to eliminate)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 12 August 23 08:33 BST (UK) »
 This si  Thomas's brother George who died in his first year of birth along with their mother Mary Moorhouse   ( mmn Burkinshaw)

This maybe a second best fit to link prove (with census info and other parish register info to  Burkinshaw name by address maybe)

GRO index

Birth

Name:                                      Mother's Maiden Surname:

MOOREHOUSE, GEORGE       BURKINSHAW 

GRO Reference: 1841  S Quarter in WORTLEY UNION  Volume 22  Page 663

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Death

name

MOORHOUSE, MARY       34 

GRO Reference: 1841  S Quarter in WORTLEY UNION  Volume 22  Page 409
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline smithkei

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 August 23 08:38 BST (UK) »
This si  Thomas's brother George who died in his first year of birth along with his mother Mary Moorhouse   ( mmn Burkinshaw)

This maybe a second best fit to link \(with census info and other parish register info to  Burkinshaw name by address maybe

GRO index

Birth
Name:                                      Mother's Maiden Surname:
MOOREHOUSE, GEORGE       BURKINSHAW 
GRO Reference: 1841  S Quarter in WORTLEY UNION  Volume 22  Page 663

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Death
name
MOORHOUSE, MARY       34 
GRO Reference: 1841  S Quarter in WORTLEY UNION  Volume 22  Page 409

Thanks. I have this in my tree. He was baptised the same day his mother was buried so I believe she died in childbirth.
I was merely looking for Thomas GRO record as it was a missing link in the tree.

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 12 August 23 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, The point dobfarm was making I believe is that both burial records are online but only give an abode as Wortley. In 1841 census they were living in Primrose Hill, Wortley. Either of their death certs in 1841 may confirm their residence thus confirming Thomas's parentage in the absence of a gro record.

John

Offline smithkei

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 12 August 23 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi, The point dobfarm was making I believe is that both burial records are online but only give an abode as Wortley. In 1841 census they were living in Primrose Hill, Wortley. Either of their death certs in 1841 may confirm their residence thus confirming Thomas's parentage in the absence of a gro record.

John

Thanks. I’d already made a note to look for the digital image of Mary’s death cert.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 12 August 23 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hi John Hood

Smithkie asked this as OP first post

"Trying to pin down the correct GRO record so I can get the digital image to confirm address and mother and father."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Geooge Morehouse address on his birth certificate with mother mmn Burkinshaw is the same  address  Primrose Hill, Wortley.  With Thomas on the 1841c age 2  at  Primrose Hill, Wortley. and George the same with the mother Burkinshaw.

Deaths Dec 1841 
Moorhouse    George        Wortley    22   433

Parish registers give limited info

Thomas Morehouse birth 29-3-1839 on baptism at the Cathedral Sheffield  5th May 1839 parents George ( Occupation Grinder) and Mary the adode on the baptsm was just 'Sheffield'

To be honest - I'm not sure now what the OP wants on this thread now  we know Thomas Moorhouse (Morehouse on his baptism 1839) is not in GRO indexes.

Bye

Offline smithkei

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 12 August 23 10:58 BST (UK) »
Hi John Hood

Smithkie asked this as OP first post

"Trying to pin down the correct GRO record so I can get the digital image to confirm address and mother and father."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Geooge Morehouse address on his birth certificate with mother mmn Burkinshaw is the same  address  Primrose Hill, Wortley.  With Thomas on the 1841c age 2  at  Primrose Hill, Wortley. and George the same with the mother Burkinshaw.

Deaths Dec 1841 
Moorhouse    George        Wortley    22   433

Parish registers give limited info

Thomas Morehouse birth 29-3-1839 on baptism at the Cathedral Sheffield  5th May 1839 parents George ( Occupation Grinder) and Mary the adode on the baptsm was just 'Sheffield'

To be honest - I'm not sure now what the OP wants on this thread now  we know Thomas Moorhouse (Morehouse on his baptism 1839) is not in GRO indexes.

Bye

i agree, case closed for me. I just wanted the GRO for Thomas birth to close the loop. The mary death in 1841 was wife of George of Wadsley as evidenced from the death cert and she died of inflammation after confinement(childbirth).

Thanks all

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 12 August 23 11:43 BST (UK) »
 Well !

All the rootschat members input  on this thread, finds and contribution info found will be held here for you to refer back too anytime in your future researching .

:)