Author Topic: can we find esther please b around 1722  (Read 484 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
can we find esther please b around 1722
« on: Friday 04 August 23 09:38 BST (UK) »
Esther b around 1722 -1733 is my direct ancestor
she married Abraham Collins - and according to Familysearch they had
Esther b 1753
Betty 1757
Mary 1759
John 1762
Fanny 1764
Abraham 1768 ...I know Abraham was christened Jan 24th 1768 in Warburton ,Cheshire - he is also my direct ancestor - he married Ann Holt( who was born 1767 in Dunham Massey - )

can we find Esthers maiden name please - I have tried Cheshire Parish Data Base with no luck - and no luck with Familysearch ???
help .....lol  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: can we find esther please b around 1722
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 August 23 12:14 BST (UK) »
I can't find the marriage nor a possible baptism but I presume you have this burial

Esther Collins, wife of Abraham, buried Warburton 20 May 1800
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 August 23 12:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Emeltom - no - I never had that burial - I don't suppose it gave her age at death ???
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Online ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 August 23 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi
The burial for Esther is 20 May 1800 wife of Abraham Collins
His is 26 August 1808 yeoman died old age 83 years.
As you can see her age isn't on the burial but it is on their gravestone age 77 years

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/87032010/abraham-collins?_gl=1*g3egzf*_gcl_au*MTc1NjY1NTI3MS4xNjkxMTQzNTQ1#view-photo=81421781

So born 1723.

ps Land redemption tax Abraham was a owner occupier 1 shilling and 2d

Ciderdrinker

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 August 23 12:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ciderdrinker  their first born was 1753 - so Esther aged 30 - I wonder if she had married before ??  seems a little old for a first born in those days ...maybe I am wrong ?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 August 23 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
The burial for Esther is 20 May 1800 wife of Abraham Collins
His is 26 August 1808 yeoman died old age 83 years.
As you can see her age isn't on the burial but it is on their gravestone age 77 years

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/87032010/abraham-collins?_gl=1*g3egzf*_gcl_au*MTc1NjY1NTI3MS4xNjkxMTQzNTQ1#view-photo=81421781

So born 1723.

ps Land redemption tax Abraham was a owner occupier 1 shilling and 2d

Ciderdrinker
[/quote

funny story to this - my wife and I went to St Werbughs chapel / graveyard about 10 years ago - and we found both Abraham Collins graves - my name is Allan Oakes - my wife is Ann Oakes - and right next to this headstone to the right that you have posted - is the grave of ???????   Ann Oakes - my wife at the time said - ooohh  I have just got a cold shiver down my back looking at that - luckily there was an old volunteer gardener there and he took us straight to both the Abraham Collins graves  :) thanks again

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,

Ancestry shows the christening - Cheshire England Parish Registers 1538-1909 on 26 January 1723 at Warburton of an Esther Bentley (mother Elizabeth Bentley) - no image but thought it may be worth considering? No sign of a marriage on Ancestry.

Also found the christening on familysearch.org -Parish registers for Warburton 1611-1935 says microfilm copy of originals held at Cheshire Records Office and it appears to also include marriages?

Good hunting

Alan

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Allan,

Another bit of potential information, again no image  - it looks like mother Elizabeth married 12 April 1724 at Warburton to John Knowles - shown as Elizabeth Bently, so maybe (guesswork) Esther could be known as Esther Knowles following her mothers marriage? 

Elizabeth Knowles seems to have been buried Warburton 13 Sept 1785.

Alan

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 09:34 BST (UK) »
Just for interest - FindMyPast have the images for Warburton - no further information given, just Esther daughter of Elizabeth of Warburton.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY