Author Topic: Pallan family Vienna  (Read 225 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pallan family Vienna
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 August 23 07:35 BST (UK) »
just to let you know - I looked on Geneanet - and Many Pallan families in the early 1700's parents and grandparents were De Pallant - I wonder why so many went from De Pallant to Pallan ??...i am going to google and see what was happening around that time frame  ???
ADDED
I wonder if this had anything to do with name changes
Between 1740 and 1748, most of Europe's great powers were involved in a conflict caused by the question of Maria Theresa's succession to the Austrian Habsburg crown. During the war, British troops proved their worth as soldiers. ???   intriguing
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline fiddlerslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pallan family Vienna
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 August 23 08:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the links Karen. The article about the Esterhazy red house says it was erected  about 25 years after the marriage record. Perhaps there was an earlier red house, or it was a different building.

Garstonite, I will bear the de Pallant change in mind, but I think I may struggle to find much before Franz Joseph Pallan.
Bulman, DUR
Butterfield DUR & N. YKS,
Earnshaw DUR
Hopps DUR & N. YKS
Howe, Richardson,Thompson all DUR

William Thompson violin maker Bishop Auckland
William Thompson jun. Violin maker Leeds

Richardson in Bermondsey/East Ham, descendants of William Richardson b. 1820 Bishop Auckland

Berger, Fritsch, Ritschel, Pechanz, Funke, Endesfelder & others from Czechia