Author Topic: Richard Piggott c.1796, Ruscombe, Berkshire, England  (Read 685 times)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Piggott c.1796, Ruscombe, Berkshire, England
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 August 23 09:05 BST (UK) »
There's a will of a Richard Piggott of Wargrave proved Jan 1805, he mentions sons , Richard, Thomas, John and Robert. I think this Thomas is the one who wrote the will mentioned earlier, because he mentions brothers John, Robert and Richard. So "our" Richard had an uncle and a grandfather also called Richard.
The only marriage I have found for a Richard Piggott in 1841 is one to a Sarah Boniwell in London. Is that the one? On censuses there is a Richard b abt 1795 married to a Hannah living in Wargrave, so two different Richards
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 August 23 09:23 BST (UK) »
Looks like the Richard / Sarah marriage is the right one, he was widower, she was a widow about 14 years older than him. They are in Bledlow Bucks in 1841 with children from Richard's first marriage to Frances Marsden (1822, Ruscombe). In  1851, Richard is widowed again pob Ruscombe. He has a farm of 434 acres and employs 25 labourers, so quite substantial.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 August 23 15:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks, LizzieL.  :)

Yes, I have all that you've posted, plus the marriage to his 1st spouse, and the 2nd.

Also his parents marriage.
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/