Author Topic: Annie Browne, born 1857-1860 in Stock, Essex  (Read 643 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Browne, born 1857-1860 in Stock, Essex
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 August 23 17:07 BST (UK) »
Possibly Annie in 1861.

Piece 1076
Folio 34
Page 3

Little Burstead only 5 miles from Stock, no Ann/Ann Brown/e born between 1854-56 in Little Burstead which comes under the Billericay reg district as does Bowers Gifford re her 1871 census sighting.

John

That has to be a possible doesn't it John, thanks. No mention of Little Burstead in her records though, but i guess it fits with her being a very young servant in 1871
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 August 23 17:11 BST (UK) »
The only one I can find is Elizabeth Brown bap 2 June 1857 at Stock

daughter of William Joseph Brown and Caroline (nee Bradley GRO index)

She is not with her parents in 1861 and I cannot find a death for her (as yet)

Could she be Annie

ADDED
There is another Elizabeth Brown reg. Chelmsford 1857  mmn Brown

Thanks, a mystery too far i think; just surprised that apart from the one census (which could be an enumerator error) she is consistent with being born in Stock, even if she made up her father.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 August 23 20:32 BST (UK) »
Would the names of her children help? I don’t know where the name of the eldest Alice comes from but their first son is Arthur Charles (presumably after his father and grandfather), and then Albert William, the William could be Annie’s father? No idea where the other names come from though 🤔

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 August 23 20:42 BST (UK) »
The Essex Record Office has the Billericay Poor Law Union records although I'm not sure if it has names.
It covers Great Burstead where 5 year old Annie Brown was in 1861.

Ref: G/Bi

If you write I have always found them very helpful, 

Notes taken when a person was admitted are great information if they survive.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 August 23 20:45 BST (UK) »
The Essex Record Office has the Billericay Poor Law Union records although I'm not sure if it has names.
It covers Great Burstead where 5 year old Annie Brown was in 1861.

Ref: G/Bi

If you write I have always found them very helpful, 

Notes taken when a person was admitted are great information if they survive.
Thanks, I’ll get in touch with them. Might rule in or out.

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 06 August 23 21:23 BST (UK) »
the elizabeth Browne daughter of William & Caroline died 1861 was buried 27th April so isnt Annie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 06 August 23 21:33 BST (UK) »
the elizabeth Browne daughter of William & Caroline died 1861 was buried 27th April so isnt Annie

Thanks sandiep, i did have a quick look but didn’t find that; the one in the workhouse is looking the best bet but i’ll email the record office tomorrow and see if they have any more details

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 07 August 23 16:29 BST (UK) »

Hi sandiep, can you let me know where you found the burial please? I have found a private tree on anc…… which has the William and Caroline family, he has her birth as Elizabeth, but not with the family in 1861 and then as the servant in 1871, so i would like to know where to show her burial. Annie was his 2* great grandmother and has researched her for a long time but admits it may be wrong. 

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 07 August 23 21:59 BST (UK) »
Burial Register; Service of Church: Registers of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials; Incumbent; Stock, All Saints; Parish Records;1813-1920
Elizabeth Browne burial 27th April 1861  age 4years & 6 mths
it was actually Buttsbury her abode on Essex Archives for Stock burials
which was same for her baptism
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk