Author Topic: Administration record found on the GRO site but am being told there isn't one  (Read 644 times)

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Administration record found on the GRO site but am being told there isn't one
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 August 23 12:47 BST (UK) »
If it's just an Administration (as opposed to Probate) then there is unlikely to be much more information (if any) than you have already found on the Probate Calendar. Unless it's "Administration with Will".

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Administration record found on the GRO site but am being told there isn't one
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 August 23 12:57 BST (UK) »
On the other hand, it is only £1.50.
We all love having records!

Online Retriever

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 August 23 19:59 BST (UK) »
Yes I filled in the boxes with the information given on the probate site via Ancestry but it brings up nil records.

If I fill in the details of the next person their record comes up, with the one I want just above it.

As you say, I probably wouldn’t get any more information but at £1.50 I thought it worth a look.

Have gone off the idea since then!!!

Offline Andy J2022

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 August 23 20:07 BST (UK) »
Am I missing something here? Since when has the GRO been in the business of supplying copies of Wills or admons?

Online Retriever

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 07 August 23 20:42 BST (UK) »
Sorry that was my mistake. Nothing to do with GRO.

Offline Andy J2022

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 07 August 23 21:07 BST (UK) »
Sorry I didn't mean to pick on you personally, only I saw another thread recently talking about GRO and Wills and wondered if it was some new feature of the GRO service.