Author Topic: Westenholz, Delbrück, Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany  (Read 189 times)

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Westenholz, Delbrück, Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
« on: Monday 07 August 23 02:45 BST (UK) »
Okay I am at a cross roads in this village.

I have found my 3x's great grandfather Wilhelm Bolte being born in this Westenholz, Paderborn, Germany in September 1829. Parents are John Henrich Stephen Bolte and Anna Angela Maria (Schweide) Jungenbluth.  There are several ways to spell the mother's last name. I have seen it as Jungesbluth, Jungesblut.

Here is the kicker I have his dad's place of birth as the same village of Westenholz Germany.  However a potential cousin states he was born in Mecklenbug-Vorpommern, Germany around 1800 instead of the dob I have listed down as March 14 1806. His date of death I have down is September 12 1839 in the same village. The other person has it listed down as September 7 1865 in Mecklenburg. Wife Anna is listed as dying in 1865 in West Point, Iowa. I have his wife anna possibly dying in Chicago in 1878.  She was born in 1806 as well.

Which can't be the case since his wife Anna remarried not too long after he passed away. Had another child with second husband. Immigrated to the United States in the 1840's to St Louis Missouri.   

This potential cousin has not been able to provide me proof of how they got the information they did and told me I am wrong in my research.

How would I go about getting such said proof for the other village since apparently I am in the wrong about the research. This person got real defensive when I provided proof I was able to find the right village. 

Any suggestions.

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
Re: Westenholz, Delbrück, Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 August 23 07:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Should we be looking for Bolte or Bölte? You have written Bolte, but your images show Bölte.

Where did you get your information about Johann's birth and death dates from? (Seeing as your birth date is more precise than that stated by your potential cousin. :) )

McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 August 23 13:36 BST (UK) »
It's Bolte without the two dots above the "O". That's how I have always found it via family search and how it's appeared in church records.  I was going off of what that one cousin put on the tree via family search.

I found his information on family search and also by searching on marticula as well. They have the church records there for the catholic church parishes.

I have approached her about this but she is not budging on prividing proof.

I have included his baptismal and death records that I was able to find.

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 August 23 14:23 BST (UK) »
I hope I understand this all, although one thing is not clear. Do you both agree on the dob of Wilhelm Bolte (1829)?

case 1 (yours): father born 1806, died 1839; mother born 1806, died Chicago 1878

case 2 (hers): father born about 1800, died 1865; mother born about 1800, died Iowa 1865

One big problem with case 2 is the fact that the husband dies in Germany in 1865, while his wife dies the same year (earlier? later?) in the U.S. This is not impossible, but if your cousin refuses to share her 'proof' of this, I wouldn't belief her tree more than yours.

Even if there were 2 John Boltes both married to a certain Anna Jungesblut, how big are the chances that this 2 Annas migrate to the U.S. to different states to die there while husbands John passed away in Germany?
The base line of both stories is the same, but it seems you both use different facts. Very bizarre, but stick to your story if she provides no proof of all she believes to be the truth.

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 August 23 14:53 BST (UK) »
The best thing to do would be that you and your cousin share your research so that both parties can judge the proof.
If she refuses this, how likely is it she will accept anything other than 'her' truth? Even if you could prove that her Johann and Anna were just a couple with the same name, but not connected to this family tree, she would probably not be willing to acknowledge this.

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 August 23 17:46 BST (UK) »
She is not willing to acknowledge this at all. She got the information off another family tree via ancestry.com and taking it for the gospel truth.  The thing is that tree had no sources for records and I do.

I have tried to share information but she doesn't want to share information on their end but I will reaching out again.