Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending 13 August 2023  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending 13 August 2023
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 12 August 23 20:23 BST (UK) »
So pleased though that your  Grand  daughter got  back safely from her long trip. It was a worry for you I know.
What courage.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 12 August 23 20:34 BST (UK) »
Most of us at our young ages couldn't have done what our grandaughter has done, I wouldn't have had the courage and like  a lot of others no cash,  I was married at 2 months off being 22, she is 23 and has travelled a great deal, she did charity work at uni but if she went abroad she had to pay her own way, not a lot of people realise that , Kenya and Malawi, courage and confidence but sooner or later she will have to get " a proper job"

LM .

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline fawadalam4514

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 August 23 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Isn't it interesting how our perception of time changes as we age? I've got just under 4 years to my retirement (yes, I've been counting down!) and the prospect of having a free bus pass. Fingers crossed they don't change the retirement age on me last minute! 😅

I remember when I was a kid, every holiday felt like an eternity away. I recall one autumn, impatiently waiting for Christmas and telling my mom, "It's taking forever!" And she, with all her wisdom, told me, "Don't wish your life away." A simple phrase but so profound, it has stayed with me to this day.

Don't get me wrong; I'm trying my best to cherish every moment and live in the present. But the anticipation of retirement does occasionally take over, especially after an exhausting work shift. I mean, care work is rewarding, but goodness, it drains you. Especially those back-to-back shifts with barely any time to rest in between. I genuinely believe this industry's intense nature contributes to its worker shortage. I saw two guys completely knocked out on the bus the other day, and my first thought was, "They must be in care work." They should show images like that when advertising for the industry – talk about showing the real side of things!

Right now, I'm off to grab a quick bite and rejuvenate myself. Need to switch from my 'just got off a long shift' look to 'ready to face the world' mode!

P.S.: If anyone I know is reading this – I'm just sharing some personal musings here. Hope you won't hold it against me! 😜

On a side note, listening to the tiler singing his heart out. Such a cheerful noise amidst the hustle and bustle. I just hope Candleflame isn't freezing in this windy weather.

Catch you all later!
Ahmad.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 12 August 23 22:54 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Proper Job!
When my son was doing his second degree that is something like his paternal Grandma said “ When is he ever going to leave school and get a proper job?”

Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 14 August 23 16:49 BST (UK) »
LM, your Granddaughter sounds like a very brave, intrepid gutsy young lady, on her travels.  Sounds like someone who definitely has roots and wings.  You must be very rightly proud to have such a Granddaughter. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner