Author Topic: Worcester Berrows Journal extracts of Coroners reports..1814-1833  (Read 457 times)

Offline sharonP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Worcester Berrows Journal extracts of Coroners reports..1814-1833
« on: Wednesday 09 August 23 17:12 BST (UK) »
Hi
Several years ago ,whilst browsing, I came across records relating to the above.
I saved the link and continued to dip in and out of it periodically.
They were mainly one line entries giving details of the deceased and circumstances of how they met their end !  It was really interesting and often more than a little sad - just a little snap shot of life then and how things change !

Anyways … imagine my disappointment when I’ve recently tried the link again and it doesn’t work.
I’ve tried all sorts of searches to no avail.
From memory I found it when looking at BMDs as they were also included in the link , and probably via The Records Office , but I honestly can’t remember.

Hopefully someone will know what I’m talking about !
Pardoe, Stiles/Styles,  Harris,  Drinkwater,  Eagles,  Rolinson, Rollinson,  Fortnam , Athrelpho, Perkins,  Bridges - Woodward - Worcestershire.
Staunton, Woodyatt  - Herefordshire
Bell, Cty Durham

Offline Eastbury

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester Berrows Journal extracts of Coroners reports..1814-1833
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 August 23 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
I've had a look at the Worcestershire Archives "Explore the Past" website
https://e-services.worcestershire.gov.uk/CalmView/showcase.aspx
it's changed and the link on the right to "Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service on-line indexes and handlists" has been attached to "Our Collections", https://www.explorethepast.co.uk/services/archive-advice-information/our-collections/
which doesn't include the Index to the Coroners reports. I have never found the "Explore the Past" website easy to navigate, so they could  be lurking somewhere! I've looked at the Index in the past too, so it did exist in a previous version of the Worcs Archive website.
Perhaps you could telephone, or send the Archive staff a message about your query, there's a "Contact us" link at the bottom of the "Our Collections" webpage.
Regards
Jack