Author Topic: Newburgh family  (Read 202 times)

Offline Newberrychaser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newburgh family
« on: Thursday 10 August 23 05:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone; 

It has been awhile since I have posted.  Life gets in the way. :D Some of you might be interested in my Newburgh family web site, which I have been building for ten years.  It includes the counties of Devon, Dorset, and Somerset - and New England.

The Newburghs of England were part of William the Conqueror's family as cousins.  I have just finished an article about the Newburghs from the 15th century. This work corrects former histories published by John Hutchins in 1774 and Joseph G.  Bartlett in 1914. Both authors attached our 17th century New England ancestors to Thomas Newborough of Berkeley, Somerset.  I have uncovered original documents that dispute those findings.  It appears our New England clan was actually  descended from his brother John Newburgh Jr. of Tonerspuddle, Dorset. Research is ongoing.

I encourage anyone with an interest to visit my research web site:

deNovoBurgoChronicles.com 

My research newsletters are posted there. The newest was posted last week, and describes the processes and proof used in correcting Bartlett and Hutchins. If you click on "The Inner Sanctum" it will lead you to more information about the Dorset Newburghs and other older links connecting our New England ancestors. 

I have published two books which are available on Amazon. 

The first is "The Quiet Patriarch" the History of James A. Newberry who was a Native American Pioneer to Iowa.  His children continued on to Utah in 1847, but he stayed behind.  He was among the first members of Joseph Smith's early church. Detailed pedigrees are included in the appendices.  My DNA kit was derived from a cousin who was related to this family in Iowa.

https://tinyurl.com/y2dun6r2

The second is "The Lost Legacy of St. Andrew's Church and Medieval Lulworth" This work traces the  history of ancient East Lulworth from Domesday. My approach was to study the earliest church on the East Lulworth tract (St. Andrew's) and Bindon abbey located on the crown manor of Lulworth St. Andrew. Extensive pedigrees are included in the appendices. 

https://tinyurl.com/jjccrfvh

If anyone wishes to contact me personally, there is a contact form on my website.

Best wishes,

D. Suzanne Simonich aka Newberrychaser
medieval research