Author Topic: St Ives, Huntingdon - Parish Register - Look up request  (Read 231 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
St Ives, Huntingdon - Parish Register - Look up request
« on: Thursday 10 August 23 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am hoping SKS may have access to the parish registers for St Ives, Huntingdon, and be able to look up the baptisms for me.

I am looking for children born to Edmund & Anne Overall at St Ives.

Edmund Overall was buried at St Ives on 13 Dec 1736, and in his will (written 14 Nov 1736, proved Archdeaconry Court Huntingdon 14 May 1737) he states that his wife's name was Ann.

A child, named Ann (daughter of the widow Ann Overal) was buried at St Ives on 21 Oct 1737.

No children are mentioned in the will, though Ann could have been born after Edmund died. It is also possible that he had children, but just did not mention them in his will.

I was hoping someone may be able to check the baptisms for Ann Overall c1737, and/or any other children to this couple. I have not yet located Edmund & Ann's marriage either.

I believe that Edmund Overall was the eldest son of Henry Overall & Carrina Swaine of Ramsey, Hunts. There is a marriage for an Edmund Overall to Ann Bulkley in Hampshire in 1711, but this is for his uncle Edmund. Edmund Overall of St Ives, I believe, was born around 1710-12, most likely in Ramsey.

Any help would be appreciated  ;)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Ives, Huntingdon - Parish Register - Look up request
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 August 23 14:58 BST (UK) »
I don't have access to St Ives PR, but the Hunts. baptism index shows just two Overal baptisms in St Ives, both in 1737:
Carrine and Anne, born to Anne Overal, widow.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: St Ives, Huntingdon - Parish Register - Look up request
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 August 23 21:55 BST (UK) »
Ah, ok Galium....that is very interesting!

So, it looks like his widow may have had twin daughters after Edmund died. Naming one of them Carrine certainly hints towards Edmund being the son of Henry & Carrina Overall of Ramsey. Sadly Henry also died in 1737. He does not mention Edmund's children in his will, but I suspect they may not have been born yet.

I wonder what became of Ann & her daughter Carrine?

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill