Author Topic: Lookup request Huddersfield Daily Examiner 1985  (Read 408 times)

Offline Shazbaz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lookup request Huddersfield Daily Examiner 1985
« on: Friday 11 August 23 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hello

I wondered if someone could please access the Huddersfield Daily Examiner from the 31st of December 1985 to send me a copy of my grandfather's death notice? I have been told that if this contains his birth and death date I can use this to apply for his service records instead of needing to obtain his death certificate.
If anyone is able to access this for me I have attached the details of the notice I am looking for or any other notice that would be accepted as proof of death that would be accepted as proof when applying for his service records please
Thank you for reading my request 😊

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup request Huddersfield Daily Examiner 1985
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 August 23 12:56 BST (UK) »
This is a duplicate post - see replies on your other thread

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=875481.msg7472439#
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Shazbaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 August 23 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole

I'm really sorry, I didn't realize I had managed to post-it twice, I'm still getting used to using the site,  I'm a bit rubbish at technology 🫢

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 August 23 16:51 BST (UK) »
You'd be amazed how many times it happens so don't worry.  I'll ask the moderator to lock it for you.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 August 23 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hello

I wondered if someone could please access the Huddersfield Daily Examiner from the 31st of December 1985 to send me a copy of my grandfather's death notice? I have been told that if this contains his birth and death date I can use this to apply for his service records instead of needing to obtain his death certificate.
If anyone is able to access this for me I have attached the details of the notice I am looking for or any other notice that would be accepted as proof of death that would be accepted as proof when applying for his service records please
Thank you for reading my request 😊

Hi Shazbaz

If you contact this website Huddersfield local studies library, - as you know the dates and info of the death notice, they only charge & will send you a copy of the death notice and only charge for the print copy of the  fiche/film death  event and postage. Should be well under a fiver £5 all in

http://www.kirkleeslibraries.co.uk/local-studies-library/

IF YOUR NOT BOTHERED ABOUT A print COPY for an ancestry historical a tree etc - they may just read out the info in the death notice over the phone for free

Dobby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Shazbaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 August 23 00:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Dobby

Thanks very much for that info, that's going to be really helpful 😊

Offline Shazbaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 August 23 15:05 BST (UK) »
Could someone please mark this request as completed please, I can't seem to find a way to do it. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped 😊

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 August 23 01:21 BST (UK) »
Could someone please mark this request as completed please, I can't seem to find a way to do it. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped 😊

Shazbaz - I'm not 100% sure now as there is a time limit you can edit ( to update, alter or spelling or gramma etc ) your post on a thread as you use to put COMPLETED in the subject heading line on your fiist post

(Example -  Lookup request Huddersfield Daily Examiner 1985  - COMPLETED)

So just leave it open !!! as in future time or years., as someone else may want to know how to obtain similar info from the Huddersfield library about their family history or even converse with you about your family history on this thread or PM.

Dobby  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Shazbaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 25 August 23 03:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks heaps Dobby and yes you're right it may help someone else in future 😊