Author Topic: Riley, N. Yorkshire c1910 can anyone sharpen this please  (Read 729 times)

Offline jmagarac

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Riley, N. Yorkshire c1910 can anyone sharpen this please
« Reply #18 on: Friday 18 August 23 16:56 BST (UK) »
jmagarac … thank you.  That’s fantastic how you sharpened her face so much.

Hi jools... I really can not take much credit for that. it is simply AI (Artificial Intelligence) doing its thing. AI is pretty cool... but, as I have mentioned in previous threads - it can be a little untrustworthy. One has to always remember - it "is" ARTIFICIAL. It is simply drawing upon the millions of images that have been coded into its data banks.

It WILL create eyes where "eyes don't exist". It simply recognizes a face, and knows where eyes, noses, and mouths are located. It will even create teeth, if there is enough original pixel resolution to indicate/suggest that teeth are showing.

I think yours turned out pretty good, but it is very important to remember that AI can and will oftentimes alter the physical resemblance to the person who has been enhanced. I mean... c'mon - it is not a thinking, caring related individual... IT IS A COMPUTER ALGORITHM that generates an image based on the available information it analyzes and assesses and assigns information (drawn from its coded banks) to the new image.

Offline jmagarac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 18 August 23 18:01 BST (UK) »
A little color fun...

I put a little of "human" thought and process manipulation into this one.

Offline jools13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 August 23 22:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you again jmagarac, for both the colour image and taking the time to explain the AI enhancement, which I had not considered but I fully understand what you are saying.