Author Topic: Heaton Cemetery in Bolton  (Read 678 times)

Offline JackyFirth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Heaton Cemetery in Bolton
« on: Thursday 17 August 23 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hello  :)
I am looking for someone who lives in Bolton and would be kind enough to take pictures of the two headstones located in Heaton Cemetery. I am not sure if these tombstones still exist, but unfortunately there are no photos available on the internet. If someone would be kind enough to help me I would be grateful.

Greetings.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Heaton Cemetery in Bolton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 August 23 17:54 BST (UK) »
If you type Heaton Cemetery Bolton Lancashire, you can click on Find a Grave.

You can make a request that the headstone if there is one be photographed. It doesn't cost anything. 

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 August 23 18:06 BST (UK) »
You could also contact the cemetary to check if those graves do still have headstones

Tel 01204 334499
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline JackyFirth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 August 23 20:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I can't find any information about the graves on the given page. As for calling Heaton Cemetery in Bolton, unfortunately I don't live in the UK and don't speak perfect English so that would be a problem. But thanks for trying to help.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 11:26 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at deceased online as they have the records for that cemetery.  It is a pay per view site though you can search the indexes if you register, that is free

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01slv/

Sometimes it is a good idea just to post the details of who you are looking for on here just in case someone is visiting some time in the future.  You would need to know the location of the graves
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 12:03 BST (UK) »
Burial registers and indexes on FamilySearch
No graves registers though
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/736891

Offline JackyFirth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 12:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for all the links, I already have all these things checked and found. I am registered on the Deceased website and found information about two people I am interested in, but unfortunately I cannot receive more information about the deceased in the free option. The people I am interested in are buried in places 3/N2/8 (Regina Raczka) and 3/Z1/98 (Jozef Raczka) in a place for Catholics. I just wanted to find possible photos of the tombstones, if they still exist, but thanks for all the advice and recommendations.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 20:46 BST (UK) »
For information if needed. 
Regina Raczka  died 22 December 1977  -  she left a will Probate Manchester 10 May 1978

maiden name Wrzesinska they married 1950 registered Bolton Lancashire

Josef Raczka died 27 April 1982 buried 4 May 1982 he also left a will, probate Manchester  9 August 1982

Both were of Ivy Road Bolton.

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 24 August 23 05:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I can't find any information about the graves on the given page.
Find a Grave only has full listings for a very few of its cemeteries. Mostly, it relies on people creating memorial pages as they find the information or to make requests. Log in or create an account if necessary (it's free). Click on Add a Memorial on the cemetery main page, and you'll get a form to create an entry for Regina. Fill in what information you have and leave the rest blank. Repeat for Jozef. Don't panic; there's an Edit option for additions or corrections. Click on Request Photo on the left of each memorial. Then be patient -- it all depends on how many volunteers there in the area and how easy it is to find the grave; for example, some cemeteries are heavily overgrown and they only cut it down once a year in autumn (if ever). You'll get an e-mail when the photo is taken or if someone reports a serious problem.

I see that Regina and Jozef are buried in different graves. This means it's possible they are in so-called "common" of "public" graves each with several unrelated people and less likely to be marked, or if marked at all, with headstone(s) for only some of the people. In such cases, Find a Grave volunteers should take a photo of the area of bare grass or the unrelated headstone(s), though some give up.

If you have any queries about the process, ask here or send me a PM.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.