Author Topic: My Heritage chromosome auto clusters  (Read 346 times)

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
My Heritage chromosome auto clusters
« on: Thursday 17 August 23 14:46 BST (UK) »
Thought that you may like to see the Chromosome Auto Cluster produced by My Heritage of my DNA Match’s.

I have redacted the names of the match’s but each square is one of my DNA Match’s which has been grouped together to indicate those who are Shared Match’s.

The top cluster with the ? is, in my case, a group of match’s who I have no idea how I relate to them.  Their lack of online trees does not help.

The next two are my Italian connection so no real problems.

The Irish, well there is the problem, highest cM match’s and all known but not in my tree as I do have an NPE but as of this date there are possibilities as to who may not be who the paper trail says they are.

The 17 & 20 clusters are my Grandfather’s lines.

The map is a bit like what can be produced by The Leeds Method, one has a group of DNA Match’s identified as shared with each other with the result that finding how they link to you should be relatively easy, the big if, is if any of them are actually already in your Family Tree.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: My Heritage chromosome auto clusters
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 August 23 14:59 BST (UK) »
I've downloaded mine many times but find them  not as helpful as other methods.
I think there's a thread on here somewhere. I'll try to find it and give a link to it.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 August 23 15:29 BST (UK) »
I wish those that take DNA tests were required to use the same user/member name across all platforms.  Doesn't matter if it is not a real name - but the same name.  It woul be so much easier to match those in my biggest cluster on MH with some of my matches on Ancestry - as it is I find it very difficult to deduce anything from the Autoclusters on MH, which i do on a regular basis.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 August 23 16:34 BST (UK) »
I wish those that take DNA tests were required to use the same user/member name across all platforms.  Doesn't matter if it is not a real name - but the same name.  It woul be so much easier to match those in my biggest cluster on MH with some of my matches on Ancestry - as it is I find it very difficult to deduce anything from the Autoclusters on MH, which i do on a regular basis.

Pheno

That is so true.

Mind you all DNA match’s see of me on Ancestry is my initials, its my Wife’s account and that initials is all that is allowed

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 August 23 09:12 BST (UK) »
Mind you all DNA match’s see of me on Ancestry is my initials, its my Wife’s account and that initials is all that is allowed

I'm not sure if it's possible to change that now Biggles, but did you create you own guest account when you received your test? I created a guest account for my brother. We assigned his test to it, attached it to my tree on my account, and he allocated me as the test manager. His full test name is visible to other users. I think each person who tests has to have their own account now, even if it is only a free guest account, for the purposes of making the required privacy and other declarations when registering the test to them.
Stokes - London and Essex
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts
Humphries/Humphreys from Montgomeryshire

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 August 23 11:15 BST (UK) »

I'm not sure if it's possible to change that now Biggles, but did you create you own guest account when you received your test? I created a guest account for my brother. We assigned his test to it, attached it to my tree on my account, and he allocated me as the test manager. His full test name is visible to other users. I think each person who tests has to have their own account now, even if it is only a free guest account, for the purposes of making the required privacy and other declarations when registering the test to them.

Thanks for the suggestions Phil.

I did not create a guest account, I just loaded my own DNA within my Wife’s account.  So she is the Manager and it shows as such to match’s.

It was quite a few years ago so things may be a bit hazy as to what I did.

The Initials display is what it is, I have looked thought the Menu to change the way it is displayed but nothing.

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 August 23 12:47 BST (UK) »
I think you could probably create your own guest account now though Biggles and copy the same tree to which your dna is currently attached to this new account.  Reattach your dna and hey presto it is your own account with whatever username you deem to be most appropriate.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire