Author Topic: Jane McLeister nee Kilpatrick  (Read 120 times)

Offline KennyBrown.NI

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Jane McLeister nee Kilpatrick
« on: Sunday 20 August 23 22:50 BST (UK) »
I have a family tree that was created my relatives in the USA in the 1980s.
They all long since dead. So I cannot ask any questions as to where they got their information and names but this is all I know for sure about Jane McLeister nee Kilpatrick.

The old tree lists her father simply by the surname Kilpatrick and her Mother is listed as Molly Kilpatrick nee Kellar. This information I have been unable to verify. So would very much would appreciate any help with looking into who Jane's parents were.

Jane herself died on the 18th October 1885 at Moboy, Craigs. (Cause of death: Heart Disease (10years), Bronchitus (3years)) and based on her age on the death cert I estimate she was born around 1812.

Jane married a William McLeister some point on or before 1842 as their children with aprox years of birth are listed below:
William McLeister born aprox 1842
Margaret McLeister born aprox 1845 (My Great Great Grandmother)
Annie McLeister born aprox 1863
Samuel McLesiter birth year unknown
Isaac McLesiter birth year unknown

The problem for loooking for records for the surname of McLesiter is transcribing in the old records generates a multitude of spellings. My Great Great Grandmother had multiple verisions of the surname nearly one for each child she had.... McLeister, McLeisler, McCleister, McListon, McClester and McCluster. lol

But ultimately is it Jane McLeister nee Kilpatrick bith and marriage records im trying to find or at very least confirmation of her parents names.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Jane McLeister nee Kilpatrick
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 August 23 07:24 BST (UK) »

Jane herself died on the 18th October 1885 at Moboy, Craigs.

Here's the link to her death on 19 October. Her son James was the informant and the surname written as McLister ( and transcribed as such on IrishGenealogy).
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1885/06272/4796698.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo