Author Topic: Millbrook Churchyard - Rame Peninsula History Group  (Read 420 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Millbrook Churchyard - Rame Peninsula History Group
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 August 23 07:22 BST (UK) »
On Cornwall-OPC-Database,

click on "Coverage"
Then "Coverage by Parish"
Navigate to the require Parish (Millbrook in this case)
Click on the parish name and the OPC (Online Parish Clerk) is revealed, together with contact details.

You can also use "Search Database" and "Search Burials".
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline HenryB1234

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 August 23 09:18 BST (UK) »
Many thanks.
The burial records for Millbrook only go up to 1934. The burials I was looking for are more recent than that.
I emailed theclerk@millbrook-pc.gov.uk and was replied to by a different person than the online parish clerk.
I believe she contacted the church, and a churchwarden has looked into their register and found the names I wanted.
So same result perhaps just a different route.
Regards  :)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 25 August 23 09:31 BST (UK) »
Online Parish Clerks are volunteers, not connected with the local council, or the church.  ;)

Online Parish Clerks (also referred to as OPC) is a collection of volunteer groups that seek to transcribe genealogical information in English counties. Each county has its own group, which transcribes the parish records (and occasionally other genealogical records) from the different parishes in the county.

Many, but not all, of the counties in England have their own "Online Parish Clerks" group. Individual parishes or regions may also have an OPC group. These can either be found on their individual websites, the county OPC websites, or on UKBMD. Many of the records transcribed are available online for free, but some are only available through the purchase of books or CDs. For those records online, some OPC sites have created searchable databases of all their records. Most of the records transcribed are church records, but some censuses, tax or voting lists, poor law, cemetery records, and other such records have also been transcribed. These sites are very valuable in research.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)