Author Topic: Old photographs.  (Read 334 times)

Offline jim234j

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Old photographs.
« on: Tuesday 22 August 23 21:17 BST (UK) »
My wife and I were married 56 years ago and we had a photographer but he was not good at all.
IN the end we ended up with a few photos none of which were good. Every photo had marks on them and needless to say we ended up very disappointed.   

I wonder if I could post  one and if someone could have  a stab at making it nicer. It is in black and white or kind of black and white.

I am asking before posting as we are both very much alive but it is a rather old photograph.  :)

Jim

Offline jim234j

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Old photographs.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 19:38 BST (UK) »
I just read you cannot post photos of living people.  I do apologize for asking
Please ignore my request.

Jim

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 19:51 BST (UK) »
It depends on how old it is Jim, people have posted photos of themselves in the 1960s and have had no problems so I would post them. If Sarah things they are ok, she will pass them for posting. They are very old so should pass.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 23:04 BST (UK) »
I agree with Carol.

If there was no rule we'd be flooded with photos of no family history significance and where no permission had been given by people in the photo. But we've all restored old photos on here where the situation is similar to yours.

As Carol says, give it a go.

If Sarah's not happy with any particular photo, you could pm one or more of the restorers asking them  to have a go at it and exchange the photo by email. Of course the preferred method is to do it on the board so all restorers can have a go and the results can be displayed for all members to see.

Cheers,
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.