Author Topic: Please help - Grandfather Gerry McDaid ancestry Illies Donegal  (Read 132 times)

Offline BMcD76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Please help - Grandfather Gerry McDaid ancestry Illies Donegal
« on: Sunday 27 August 23 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi I have recently been tracing my grandparents and Im having a bit of trouble finding my Granda McDaid's family. His name was Charles Gerard (Gerry) McDaid and he lived in Creggan. His mother was Catherine Boyle and his father was James McDaid. On the 1911 census James and Catherine (married 1905) are listed as living in Beechwood Street in Derry. My grandfather Gerry was a footballer with Derry, Sligo and some other teams and his brother John was also a footabller. My grandfather Gerry and grandmother Hannah McDaid had 12 children, one of whom Roisin died as a baby. I have found online an image of Roisin's grave. Roisin was buried in Derry city cemetery alongside older McDaid relatives who I am sure are from the Illies (Image attached). My own father Brendan McDaid passed away in 2014. I'm trying to work out what the connection is between my grandfather, his grandfather and the two William McDaids and Rose (nee Kelly) McDaid. I've attached a photo of my grandfather also. Any help appreciated. From the William Mc Daid Parents were Denis and Brigid Mc Daid, Born in Buncrana, Co Donegal, Residence 67 Creggan Road, Derry Died on 12 Feb 1947 Aged 77 Years. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/205492765/william-mcdaid