Author Topic: Dutch & Indonesian roots - looking for Vincent family relative - help please  (Read 155 times)

Offline jmec73

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,

My wife is Dutch, and we are trying to track down one particularly elusive family member - the sister of her father - Nancy Emelie Vincent.

We have recently gone through the "Settlement and Departure" records (1950-59) from Indonesia back to the Netherlands after independence for my wife's family (via the Dutch National Archives), but can find no reference here, or in any other archive to date for Nancy. The information we do know is as follows:

-Nancy Emelie Vincent, b. 13 December 1927 in Indonesia, died 26 August 1997, Nieuw Heeten, Overijssel (we have evidence for this)
-Nancy married Joop van den Broek (date unknown), but possibly in Indonesia; they had a son, Hans van den Broek, b. 31 December 1948, and we believe they returned to the Netherlands in 1949 (the details here are via word of mouth only with no documentary evidence)
-At some point, Nancy and Joop either separated or he died, and Nancy remarried a Cornelis (Cees) Valster, possibly in the mid-1960s (the details here are via word of mouth only with no documentary evidence).

We'd love to have some documentary evidence on Nancy's life but cannot find anything other than her funeral card (which we have) with her birth and death dates on.

Any help on finding or pointing us to any sources would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Jon

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch & Indonesian roots - looking for Vincent family relative - help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 August 23 17:28 BST (UK) »
You need to remove the son's name from your post.  Rootschat has a strict no living persons policy & given his birthyear - he may still be alive
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline jmec73

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch & Indonesian roots - looking for Vincent family relative - help please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 August 23 17:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you and apologies. The son isn't living, but I will remember that for future posts.

Best wishes, Jon

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 August 23 19:08 BST (UK) »
I think this is going to be difficult, unfortunately, as the dates are probably too recent to be available online.

Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks