Author Topic: Registrars  (Read 618 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Registrars
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 August 23 17:08 BST (UK) »
Personally i like the idea that Daniel was born in Llantwit Fardre, and there is a marriage at LF of a John Williams (aged 30) and Mary Williams (aged 34) on 19 May 1844, abode for both was Newbridge ;D. Both single. John was a sawyer though.... father John a carpenter. I can't see a Daniel birth to a mother Williams though sorry.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 August 23 17:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone for the help.

I hadn't known about Pontypridd being Newbridge so that makes sense. It's interesting that FreeBMD allows you to look for Pontypridd births after 1863 but Newbridge is not listed as an option before that.

It was included in Cardiff at the time :)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline ManchesterJohnson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 August 23 17:30 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at the Daniel, aged 18, in 1861 at 1 Hare St, Bilston, Wolverhampton. Father John, labourer, mother Mary, and Daniel, all born Glamorgan. May not be the family, but worth a look.

I did see that one yes, but had no other ties to my Daniel. I'll admit Mary was a candidate for the mother's name. Worth a look as you say, thank you.

The reason I didn't go with it is because Daniel is listed as a coal miner - that's to blacksmithing is quite a change. Possible I suppose.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 29 August 23 17:33 BST (UK) »
There were blacksmiths in the mines, maybe just a slight change?

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 29 August 23 17:42 BST (UK) »
There were blacksmiths in the mines, maybe just a slight change?

Good point. I'll plug this info in and see if it holds together.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 August 23 17:47 BST (UK) »
Ok, so if I go with Cardiff, the only Daniel Williams that has a matching father John and mother Mary is John Williams and Mary Thomas, married in Cardiff in 1840. This would, however, suggest Daniel was born 1842. I guess this is only 1 year out from the census results.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 29 August 23 17:50 BST (UK) »
Bear in mind that not all births were registered that early in registration
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heddwch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 30 August 23 11:35 BST (UK) »
Hi  another site with the name Newbridge  was at  Bridgend    Newbridge became Pontypridd in 1856 

Heddwch
Maeer - Devon and Glamorgan
David - Cardiff Pontypridd
Astley -Merthyr Tydfil
Newland- Hampshire
Jones -Treherbert Rhondda
McCarthy - Cork & Cardiff
Pellow  -  Cornwall