Author Topic: Missing birth Records1858,1859,1860.  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing birth Records1858,1859,1860.
« on: Friday 01 September 23 02:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone, finally have internet again after 7months of messing about.  Yeah!

Now, I have a large pedigree document for part of my family which I am working through to verify details,  as the original supplier suggested 30 yrs ago.

I have three people for whom there appear to be no birth records as per the years in the heading. There ought to be something.  GRO draws a blank for each person in the year  using dates either side and beyond the 2 yrs limit by altering the main date.  FreeBMD also comes up with nothing. 

All three I have a death record for, marriage for one, the other two, no. One died as a 10 yr old the other aged 36. All three DOD records point to the birth dates I have.  I am trying to verify the DOB and parents.
Baptisms may help . Otherwise would there be parish records still at this time frame.

I know who their parents are supposed to be . Two were born before mum and dad married and the third, the year of the marriage. 
  Is it possible that these three children were never registered?

Cheers Essnell

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Missing birth Records1858,1859,1860.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 September 23 02:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Essnell again. 
Just wondering if the Death Cert for the 10 yr old might have more info than that of an older married person.  eg parents in place of marriage partner. 

Also would Thanet, Romford and Middlesex all  be in Essex.  Thinking of contacting relevant Family History Group.
Thanks for any ideas. 
Essnell.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 September 23 06:52 BST (UK) »
Romford is in Essex

Thanet is in Kent

Middlesex is a county not a town

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 September 23 07:29 BST (UK) »
English Death Certificates don't contain any family information.
They will contain the name of the informant, who may (or may not) be family.

If you give us the names and dates, we can look for you.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 September 23 07:46 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if the Death Cert for the 10 yr old might have more info than that of an older married person.  eg parents in place of marriage partner. 

In the occupation column it should have the father's name and occupation

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 September 23 08:55 BST (UK) »
Not all births in those years were registered - were there any earlier children whose births were registered, or only later ones? I have that a few times in my tree.

Have you checked if the two born before marriage were registered in the mother's name?
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 01 September 23 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi All who replied.

jonw65. Ha ! I was hoping for something like that. 

This pedigree is big covers 24 pages of neat records in Family order . Problem back in the 1700 and 1800 they repeated names willy nilly.  So one male and his brother had children with the same name etc.  I have looked at these so many times and I keep coming back to my same conclusions as to where they all fit.
But these are the three whose DOB I am forced to estimate from the death recs. 

1.James Arthur Mornement DoB 1858 DoD 1894  Gro Death Ref   agrees with these dates. Aged36 yrs. 

2. Robert Mornement  DoB 1859   DoD 1869  Aged 10yrs.  Gro Death agrees with these dates.

3. Emily Elizabeth Mary Mornement DoB 1860 Hounslow, Middlesex.
  Married in England, Immigrated to Canada and died there in 1934.  The death document has her single daughter as informant and Emily's parents - James Mornement and Elizabeth Taylor.
 I have never seen this death cert before today.   age  79 yrs and widowed. Age is 74

I tried to purchase the 10yr old's Death Certearlier today but ran into internet issues with the captcha thingy.  My connection is too slow.

Okay, that may be of help Do you need Vol and Page nos etc?
Addit for Deidre. No and I never thought of that. the two boys were born before marriage and maybe even the girl.  I shall try that.  let you all know.

Cheers Essnell

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 September 23 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just tried Deidre's suggestion but nothing there either.

Essnell.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 September 23 09:47 BST (UK) »
James Arthur’s death is in the deaths list of ‘The Thanet Advertiser’ of 1 September 1894.
Margate-Aug 26, at the Cottage Hospital, James Arthur Mornement, of St Paul’s Rd, aged 36
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....