Author Topic: William Casey  (Read 923 times)

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: William Casey
« Reply #18 on: Friday 01 September 23 22:37 BST (UK) »
See a Thomas Casey marries an Anne Rorke in the Curragh Camp 7th February 1869 .This is on the bounds of possibility if Thomas was born 1850/1851 which would only differ a couple of years from death entry.

Note that Thomas' father was named William. So seems like a good fit.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1869/11410/8190577.pdf

Quick look at Naas district finds no births to that couple 1868 - 1880 that I could find.If his regiment moved then possible for children to have been born elsewhere in Ireland or overseas .
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 01 September 23 23:15 BST (UK) »
There is an Anne Casey to Thomas and Ann Rourke in Athy but he’s a writing clerk
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1880/02883/2056662.pdf
It’s possible he could have been finished in the army by then

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 02 September 23 06:48 BST (UK) »
See a Thomas Casey marries an Anne Rorke in the Curragh Camp 7th February 1869 .This is on the bounds of possibility if Thomas was born 1850/1851 which would only differ a couple of years from death entry.
Looking at Curragh Camp Register there are numbers after many of the mens names.Assume this is their regiment ?

I wrote in reply #11 that I didn’t think that the Thomas Casey death was your family’s death. I can’t see the family in 1901 but there is likely evidence to connect Margaret Casey from Brownstown to him and the Thomas Casey living in Brownstown in 1911 who may be their son.
As their son William was b 1890/1, this would exclude that death of Thomas from your searches.

What do you think?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 02 September 23 07:38 BST (UK) »
Is this daughter Mary’s marriage?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1921/09243/5345714.pdf

William is deceased but his occupation - labourer.
William is a labourer on the three records you have - his marriage, his daughter’s birth and her marriage.
Might it be that the couple separated soon after the marriage?

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 02 September 23 07:58 BST (UK) »
Is this daughter Mary’s marriage?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1921/09243/5345714.pdf

William is deceased but his occupation - labourer.
William is a labourer on the three records you have - his marriage, his daughter’s birth and her marriage.
Might it be that the couple separated soon after the marriage?

Thats the correct marriage.
Its very possible the couple separated very shortly after her birth and the army part was just a story spun to explain it away.

I know its not definite but Lizzie says she is married in 1901 census although she,her husband and her daughter seem to be living separately.I am unable to find William in 1901 census.
By 1911 she says widowed.Looking for a death that might fit again unable to find a likely suspect.

McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 02 September 23 08:16 BST (UK) »
What is his address on marriage?
It looks like ‘Shrade Lane’ but I can’t find that.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 02 September 23 08:43 BST (UK) »
I think it means Shraud Lane.  :)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 02 September 23 08:54 BST (UK) »
I think it means Shraud Lane.  :)

Thank you  :)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 02 September 23 08:58 BST (UK) »
I should have said why...  :) There is a 1908 local newspaper reference to 'Shraud Lane'.  Also, when I google 'Shraud Lane', I get back a reference on the Kildare County Council website 'Derelict Sites Register' to properties called 'Fairview Cottages, Shraud Lane, Kildare Town'.  Elsewhere online, those same properties (with photo) are described as on Shraud Street.