Author Topic: Scanning of death certificate  (Read 323 times)

Offline Marianthompson47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scanning of death certificate
« on: Sunday 03 September 23 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hello

I would like to acquire my father's military records.  I approached GOV and started the process of asking online.
I took a photo of my father's death certificate to enclose with my request but it said it was too large.

A lovely person told me to scan the certificate to a certain specification but I don't own a scanner. Is there another way?? Thank you

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: Scanning of death certificate
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 September 23 21:56 BST (UK) »
I've successfully sent a photo I took with my phone, which probably has resolution much poorer than yours.

It may be worth checking whether your Photos app can save a lower resolution picture.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 September 23 22:23 BST (UK) »
If you would like, I will resize the image for you and return it to you by email.
If you are interested, just send me a PM here and I will give you my email address.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline jmagarac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 September 23 00:48 BST (UK) »
If you would like, I will resize the image for you and return it to you by email.
If you are interested, just send me a PM here and I will give you my email address.

If you send your photo to dublin1850, be sure to give her the government's specs too. That way she can be sure that she is meeting those specs (i.e. size, resolution and file size and any other relevant specs). Nice of you to offer dublin1850.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 September 23 09:07 BST (UK) »
If you have an iPhone, there is a scanner built in to the Notes App. Open the Notes App, click on the camera icon (2nd from the left at the bottom of the screen), then click Scan Documents. Centre the document on the screen  and it should automatically take a scan of the document.
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks