Author Topic: Hartford Lennox, 1853 marriage, Ann Jane Fullerton  (Read 252 times)

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hartford Lennox, 1853 marriage, Ann Jane Fullerton
« on: Monday 04 September 23 23:34 BST (UK) »
According to findagrave, Ann Jane Fullerton was married to Hartford Lennox in 1853, think Toronto, Ontario. They had daughters Esther Amelia 1855 and Hartford Ann 1856 before Hartford died in 1857. I have looked on familysearch and ancestry and cannot find either his marriage or his death. looking for his parents names. Hartford is an unusual name. I do have a Hartford Lennox baptism in Ireland Sept 29, 1826 and wondering if it is possibly the same person. Age is in range.
thanks for any help
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hartford Lennox, 1853 marriage, Ann Jane Fullerton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 September 23 14:58 BST (UK) »
Sorry you already had the find a grave info - it says 1859 on the entry.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 September 23 15:07 BST (UK) »
Info a bit out but there is a page from a biographical record that says she (re)married in April 1851 and was a widow then which doesn't fit with the Lennox children born.

Perhaps one was the Irish man?  Note one record of "yours" has Artford spelling.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 September 23 15:45 BST (UK) »
Yes, findagrave does say 1859. However, I have looked at the Holbrook Family tree by burnzee, and the 1861 census. Findagrave says they married in 1853 . Hartford and Anne Jane had two daughters one in 1855 named Esther Amelia and one in July 1856, in Albion, named Hartford Ann. By 1858, Ann Jane was re-married to Eusebius McGillicuddy and they had a daughter Mary on June 7, 1858 who is on the 1861 census with them, age 3, under Gillicuddy. I tried to send the link. So it would appear that findagrave is wrong about Hartford’s date of death. The Holbrook tree says Hartford died about 1857. I suppose it could even be 1856. I am not sure of the exact date of Ann Jane’s remarriage to Eusebius but must be late 1857 or early 1858.
Thank you Milliepede, for being so observant, and reaching out, but findagrave can be wrong as in this case.
Oh, I now see your reference to a biographical record, Milliepede. I don’t think I saw that. Was it a biographical record for Anne Jane?

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 September 23 15:52 BST (UK) »
Trying to find it again, it must have been a link either on the family tree or in the Canada ancestry records.  It was about Ann Jane yes and looked like the page from a book.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 September 23 09:04 BST (UK) »
Try looking for a marriage as Artford  Lennox - then again - this tree owner might have it wrong

https://gw.geneanet.org/hwyse1?lang=en&p=artford&n=lennox

............................................................................................
John McGillicuddy born 1863 - Warwick Township , Ontario - in case you didn't have him - he became a Vet

https://gw.geneanet.org/nickypost?n=fullerton&oc=&p=ann+jane
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 September 23 14:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you garstonite. I think it should be Hartford, however, I have looked under Artford as well. When I was at Woods, the baptism was transcribed as Hartforde,  but then again, the minister may have written it as he saw fit, and it may or may not be the same fella.
Thank you for the information about John McGillicuddy. I did not have him.
Peggy