Author Topic: Is he my Great Great Grandfather ?  (Read 119 times)

Offline Sedraler

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is he my Great Great Grandfather ?
« on: Thursday 07 September 23 18:31 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am very new to DNA family research.

My Great Grandfather was born 1873 in Kent. His parents lived there all their lives.

My 3rd cousin and 3rd cousin once removed who descend from a sister of my Great Grandfather only match me by 14 and 10 Cm.

I have no shared matches from my Great Grandfathers line on his fathers side even though he is stated to be his son on birth certificate, baptism and census records.

My Great Grandfather's parents were married about 3 weeks before he was born.

I also share matches with 10 people who are all from the same family who relate to my Great Grandfather and not my Great Grandmothers line. They all descend from the same man via five of his children. This man was born 1855 in Suffolk and married 1874 in London and started having children in London from 1874 onwards.

Here are my 10 matches who all descend from this man :
Person 1         148 cm       1x Great Grandchild of this man through his 6th child
Person 2          65 cm        1x Great Grandchild of this man through his 9th child
Person 3          58 cm        1x Great Grandchild of this man through his 4th child
Person 4          56 cm      2x Great Grandchild of this man through his 1st child
Person 5          45 cm        3x Great Grandchild of this man through his 1st child
Person 6          40 cm      2x Great Grandchild of this man through his 1st child
Person 7          36 cm      2x Great Grandchild of this man through his 7th child
Person 8          28 cm      2x Great Grandchild of this man through his 9th child
Person 9          26 cm      2x Great Grandchild of this man through his 1st child
Person 10        25 cm      2x Great Grandchild of this man through his 1st child

Does this all point to my Great Grandfather as not being the biological son of his father but being the biological son of the above man.

Thanks in advance