Author Topic: Looking for Irish documents - Stuart, Hamilton, Fowley, early 1800s  (Read 873 times)

Offline Myrtle boat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Irish documents - Stuart, Hamilton, Fowley, early 1800s
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 April 24 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am an Irish person looking at my roots. I have one family my great grandmother who was the daughter of a man named John Stuart, from Cullen and  Brownhill, co. Leitrim. He was apparently the son of a man named David Stewart, who died in Leitrim in The late 1800’s. As he reported the death according to the death records. I haven’t got any further back yet, but I just thought it was interesting.
J
Belfast , Liddy,
Co. Derry/ Londonderry, Lennox
Co Leitrim, Stuart
Co. Longford, Navan and Jones.,
Co. Cavan, Anderson
Colchester and Cavan Farrelly,
Fitzsimons,

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 April 24 14:22 BST (UK) »

Might be better to start your own thread on the Leitrim board.

...a man named John Stuart, from Cullen and  Brownhill, co. Leitrim. He was apparently the son of a man named David Stewart, who died in Leitrim in The late 1800’s.

Is this his death?

5 September 1893 at Cullen and Brownhill townland in Carrigallen civil parish.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1893/05993/4704628.pdf
https://www.townlands.ie/leitrim/carrigallen/carrigallen/killygar/cullen-and-brownhill/

Looking at the record, it says Stuart not Stewart, and has been wrongly transcribed. It's been reported for change.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 April 24 02:56 BST (UK) »
Lisa,

The Anglican faith is formally known in Ireland as “the United Church of England & Ireland” shortened, in most cases, to Church of Ireland.

Er, um, the  “the United Church of England & Ireland”  ceased to exist on 1/1/1871!

The message might have gotten out by now.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area