Author Topic: 100 DNA Cousins  (Read 259 times)

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
100 DNA Cousins
« on: Monday 11 September 23 23:26 BST (UK) »
It has taken a while but in both my Wife’s Family Tree and my own we have just finished adding the 100th DNA Cousin to each of our respective trees.

Quite pleased that we have reached this milestone and yet daunted that there are still so many unknowns and Brickwalls including 2 NPE’s in the trees that until we tested our DNA we had no idea that our or rather my tree had these NPE’s.

DNA is a double edged sword, yes it can add to confirming the validity of a line/branch in a tree and yet a high cM match can indicate that all is not what it shows itself to be via the documented lines.

In my Wife’s tree one pair of her predecessors have 10 DNA Cousins sharing this pair as the MRCA between them and my Wife, helping to substantiate the validity of that line in our research.

It is also very pleasurable to pass on information about the family to the newbie DNA Cousins who respond to the Message.

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 DNA Cousins
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 September 23 18:54 BST (UK) »
Yes be prepared for the occasional NPE or even informal adoption. My 3xgreat gran was likely an NPE and an NME as her said parents was likely her grandparents, as I think she was born out of wedlock, as her recorded mother was 51 at the time of birth. Also the baby had a much older sister's forename as a middle name, and that sister went on to have more baseborn children after civil reg began and lied on the certs.

Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain