Author Topic: looking for John Yeo  (Read 639 times)

Online garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: looking for John Yeo
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 16 September 23 08:31 BST (UK) »
1910 John Yeo - parents named - do you know your John Yeo's parents ??

https://gw.geneanet.org/nathanflood?n=yeo&oc=&p=john+william
ADDED
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 September 23 08:51 BST (UK) »
This topic isvery much  wound into this one on the NZ board.
Just to save additional searching.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=875066.0

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 16 September 23 12:01 BST (UK) »

.... when signing up for war in 1939 he said he was single he arrived back inNZ in 1945.

What I have got are 2 addresses not sure if they are both for thisMrs H Sinclair

5 Edward street Kiapoi
5 Meadow road Kiapoi

Just for clarification ....

Thread on New Zealand Board  >
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=875066.0

John ANDERSON - WW11 - NZ Army -- refer to his listing on the NZ Cenotaph website  >
https://www.aucklandmuseum.com/war-memorial/online-cenotaph/record/C134103?p=3&n=John+Anderson&from=%2Fwar-memorial%2Fonline-cenotaph%2Fsearch&ordinal=46

This listing  ^  shows that John ANDERSON (Reg. #  2149) on enlistment in 1939 gave his Next-of-Kin as
    > "Mrs SINCLAIR- (Friend) - 5 Edward Street, Rangiora".   
She was NOT Mrs H. SINCLAIR.  (see below)

And neither was the Rangiora Mrs. SINCLAIR, the same person as the one who (later) lived at No. 5 Meadow Road, Kaiapoi. 
That lady was Mrs H. (Helen) SINCLAIR - wife of Andrew McBride SINCLAIR - mother to 5 sons, three of whom enlisted for WW11 and listed "Mrs H. SINCLAIR,  of 43 Cass Street, Kaiapoi, as their Mother and Next-of-kin".  i.e.  Reg. # 18437 - Ronald SINCLAIR enlisted Jul-Sep 1941 // 
Reg. # 440578 - Kenneth SINCLAIR - embarked 1943
Reg. #  76521 - John SINCLAIR * - appears on NZ Army Nominal Roll Jul-Dec 1942 - his civilian occupation was "comb operator and bailer-out".  He resided at 43 Cass Street, Kaiapoi, at that time, along with parents Helen and Andrew and sister Marion.   *  He is the son born in 1916 (mentioned in my previous post).  This SINCLAIR family did live previously in Rangiora  (1938 at 50 Charles Street).   But by 1941 they had relocated to Kaiapoi (43 Cass Street) and from 1946 (electoral roll) were at 5 Meadow Road.  John SINCLAIR * was NOT however at Meadow Road address (1946) - he was at Neaves Road, Clarkville, (with his wife) -- occupation shown as "comb operator" :
I hope that is enough information to demonstrate that the SINCLAIR connection to John ANDERSON (1939) is NOT the same SINCLAIR family which connects to John / Ronald / Kenneth / Marion/ Helen and Andrew M. SINCLAIR of Kaiapoi.    And that this John SINCLAIR cannot be John ANDERSON or John YEO.   

I've posted the above  ^  for elimination purposes ... because in many instances it assists a search by clearing out names of persons who can be shown, via records, as "not being connected" .

I do have information for the Mrs SINCLAIR next-of-kin to John ANDERSON (1939) which I will post to your NZ thread.

~  Lu

Offline slewis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 16 September 23 14:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that Lu
Regards Sue
Povah Liverpool,wrexham
Kelly, Manchester, Yorkshire
Crook Liverpool, Bolton