Author Topic: Beer House Keeper  (Read 273 times)

Offline Nessie56

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Beer House Keeper
« on: Friday 15 September 23 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi
Is it possible to find the history of a Beer House.

I have an Harriet Finney (widow) recorded on the 1861 Census she was a Beer House keeper at King Street, Odd Fellows Arms, Salford.

On the 1851 Census she was living with her Husband in Cheshire they owned a large amount of land. Her husband died in 1857. I am trying to find out if her husband went with Harriet to Salford.

I believe they sold most of the land to Cheadle Royal Hospital, so I am assuming they sold up and bought the Odd Fellows Arms?

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Lynch Ireland, Scotland, Lancashire.   Whittle, Lancashire.   Day, Oxfordshire, Lancashire.  Norman, Ireland, India   Smith, Lancashire.    Bottomley, Yorkshire.  Walker, Scotland, U.S.A New Jersey, Lancashire.   Brennan, Ireland, Lancashire.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Beer House Keeper
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 September 23 00:05 BST (UK) »
Her husband died in Manchester in 1857 so must have gone to Salford
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Nessie56

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Beer House Keeper
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 September 23 09:25 BST (UK) »
Thank for your help Carole .

It would be interesting to find out more information about the beer house. I have tried looking on-line but had no luck.
Lynch Ireland, Scotland, Lancashire.   Whittle, Lancashire.   Day, Oxfordshire, Lancashire.  Norman, Ireland, India   Smith, Lancashire.    Bottomley, Yorkshire.  Walker, Scotland, U.S.A New Jersey, Lancashire.   Brennan, Ireland, Lancashire.