Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 24th September  (Read 1258 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 24th September
« on: Monday 18 September 23 16:29 BST (UK) »
Well folks, here we are again  yet beginning  a new week

Weather not so good,  had rain  overnight, woke up to what I would call a September morning  but if has rained on and off since, so much so I had to being my washing in.

Not a happy bunny  today, had news re my accident and I am not at all happy,  don't think I can say too much on here.

Went with the local bowls club to Lewes  in Sussex yesterday,  strange town and I think it must be cut in half, being a Sunday was a bit difficult, none  or few shops open, not that I wanted to shop but did manage a few bits of sightseeing and then back to the bowls club for refreshments, very hospitable.

Lunch  with our grandaughter  who starts her "proper job" tomorrow in London, already talking about her next venture in travel, I don't feel she will  settle down for a long time.

Hope everyone is feeling chipper today despite whatever the weather throws at you.

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 24th September
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 September 23 21:02 BST (UK) »
LM Sorry to hear that the news about your accident wasn’t good.

I’m going away the end of next week so am trying to decide what clothes I need but not getting very far in my thoughts.

A friend has been to help me move some photos into a talk I ‘m giving after my holiday.I It’s about one of the 2 ladies on the WW1 war memorial in the town where I live. I first got interested in her as I sat in the Choir on a Sunday in church and could see this lady’s name on a WW1 War Memorial. She was a nurse and I think was a very determined lady. She died in Egypt. The wagon she and her nurses were on got stuck crossing a railway line. She jumped off to help those at the back and was hit by a train and killed. A very brave lady.

Thanks to the info on this site I’ve got my next Covid jab organised for Friday. I’m glad I’m getting it before I go away.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 September 23 21:19 BST (UK) »
My surgery as far as I know aren't offering the injections but have heard the pharmacy next to it is,  so I will book my slot.

Thank you gibel,   50/ 50 does not go down with  me at all , me being the innocent party and someone is not telling the whole truth.

Hope you enjoy your break, a mix of all clothes  might be a good idea, plus an umbrella.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 September 23 22:03 BST (UK) »
Hope things come better for you L.M.
I thought it was all settled ,and you were so pleased to have your own car back too.

Torrential rain this afternoon ,and more to come according to the Weather
on the Radio.

Had a nice lemon chicken dish for tea, really for a slow cooker but really nice done  the usual casserole way.
Was done for yesterday but my son was late back, seven hours in the car ,and had no appetite .

What a mess ,the Covid situation. After all ,much was already in place.
Why such differences in areas ,even in the same town?

Well an earlier night I think, I tidied out under the sink unit this afternoon ,so much cleaning stuff , and Indo much less than I used to!

Well ,cheerio ,a good night’s sleep to you all.
Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 September 23 23:47 BST (UK) »
So sorry LM to hear your car accident situation isn’t fully settled yet… some people can be such B….’s and make others lives unsettling. Hope you get the right result soon.
My Son in law comes from Lewes, it’s a quaint little place ..

We had the most tremendous down pours last night and during the night with lightening… not that I heard much in the night.. dead to the world!

My surprise birthday from my OH and daughter was a day out in London with her and my friend Sue ( OH stayed at home with his feet up!) we went to see ABBA voyage… I only found out once we were in London! Wonderful day out and a great experience.. it did seem a bit odd though clapping CGI avatar creations, but they were so life like .. it’s must see for sure!

All your cleaning and tidying Viktoria puts me to shame! Your house must look quite spectacular!

Another week and we’ll be into the end of yet another month and our Christmas Fayre in early December will soon be upon us!

Have a good week all dodging the rain showers… do hope anyone who lives in the West Country hasn’t suffered too much…

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 September 23 07:54 BST (UK) »
Caroline, Yes, Lewes is a bit oldie worldy but I wish we saw more.

Pleased you enjoyed your birthday treat, my friends went to see it.

Our Christmas fayre is last week in November,  I expect there will  be a  meeting next week after our patronal festival where there is a bit of a celebrating after the service.

You are quite right Caroline about the other driver who has lied,  I think I am going to have to give in and accept the 50/50  on the claim I put in, I had already settled the car, he is a total liar, .

Not a very nice morning  and quite chilly, normally  I have my back door open but it is to chilly, I don't really like being  shut in, my husband often comes behind me and shuts it, he is a chilly mortal.

Viktoria, don't know where you get your energy from.

I am booking my covid jab, local pharmacist  is doing it, flu at the same time,  hope everyone else gets sorted

Enjoy your day everyone.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 September 23 08:36 BST (UK) »
Our local surgery is doing both and we are booked in for this coming Saturday.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 19 September 23 15:45 BST (UK) »
Well folks, took the bull by the horns and queued for a covid jab at a local chemist, first one so near to home, no appt needed, 4 in front of us, very organised,  scout around  for your local chemist and ask.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 20 September 23 10:02 BST (UK) »
Well a bit off the current topic but what a dark ,wet, gloomy day !
More like the end of November .
We don’t seem to have definite seasons nowadays .

Just had notification of a possible scam coming up, from Blue Cross, an animal charity I support , so must be vigilant.

Ironing from yesterday’s washing to do so will see what is on the TV and do it when something interesting comes on.

Just had my Thyroxin so must wait now to  eat .
However have emptied and washed out and relined the waste bins , so a job I hate all done.

Need some fresh veges for tea, so given the weather a lift to Rammy will be very welcome.
I usually like to go alone, take my time and plan my journey so I am not loaded up at the start.
However that gives my son a guilt trip ,but I really prefer to go alone.

Another dog attack it seems , we are so wishy washy about these things , indefinite and it is costing lives and dreadful injuries.
Whether a dog has a good owner or not - and some are so loving and gentle after being rescued from appalling cruelty - if it has been bred for size and propensity to attack it is foolish to expect that behaviour will not come to the surface sooner or later.
Many are owned by drug dealers as protection ,but they are amongst us , they seem ordinary people who like a macho image .
Why can we not be absolutely definite with clear rules , no ifs and buts and no exceptions?

Hope all are well and that somewhere there is good weather, then I think of Libya and feel ashamed at what little by comparison I am moaning about.

Get the ironing board out and get busy !

Cheerio.Viktoria.