Author Topic: Boyd's Marriage St Mary Le Strand  (Read 145 times)

Offline akissling

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Boyd's Marriage St Mary Le Strand
« on: Monday 25 September 23 23:08 BST (UK) »
I found a marriage record that I am interested in trying to find in the hopes there are a few more details and I can look at the an original entry. It is the marriage of "James Rowth" and "Sarah Right" married in 1647. The FindMyPast transcription (Boyd's Marriage Indexes, 1538-1850) states the marriage was in Westminster, St Mary Le Strand. Am I lucky to just get the transcription? Would there be more information if I went to a library e.g. my local Family History library and located the correct volume of Boyd's in their book collection? I tried to find the record in the St Mary Le Strand records available through Ancestry in their "Westminster, London, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1558-1812" but it looks like the years 1645-1651 are missing. I could not find a note in the volume that went before and after as to why these years are missing. Any information would be helpful and thanks!
Carey, McCabe, McKinnon, Barr, Curr, Templeton

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Boyd's Marriage St Mary Le Strand
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 September 23 01:21 BST (UK) »
What type of additional info are you hoping to find?  Marriage entries from that far back give very little info
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline akissling

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boyd's Marriage St Mary Le Strand
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 September 23 01:34 BST (UK) »
Good question. Groom's occupation (a longshot!) or was the marriage by license? Can I assume that St Mary Le Strand is the church where the marriage took place (I see it is also a parish)? I was hoping to take a look at the handwriting from the actual record even it was from The Bishop's Transcript record, to exam the groom's last name more closely bc I think it is possible James Rolfe (sometimes Rolph) that I was looking for in https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=871503.0. I should have put this in my original thread but forgot. Thanks for asking!
Carey, McCabe, McKinnon, Barr, Curr, Templeton