Author Topic: How to search for a name in matches' trees at MyHeritage?  (Read 488 times)

Offline neelawson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How to search for a name in matches' trees at MyHeritage?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 September 23 13:21 BST (UK) »
If you have paid the small fee to unlock DNA tools, and know of at least one match on the family line you are looking for, use the tools to generate autoclusters. Once you get the results, look for the known match and any others who share segments with you and that match will be shown in the same cluster. It will at least drastically reduce the number of matches whose trees you need to search.

Thanks that's useful to know for the future but the autocluster threshold is 25cM and I've already checked down to that manually.

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: How to search for a name in matches' trees at MyHeritage?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 September 23 11:36 BST (UK) »
I agree with Phil’s suggestion, unlock and use the DNA tools features.

Do note that the Auto cluster does not include any DNA matches greater than 400cM and they limit it to 100 matches.

I am working through the cluster that it produced for me.

So far it is RUBBISH.

The Largest Clusters are next to useless with no trees, no response to contacts, except for three of the highest cM matches but as these three all are closely related to each other is substantiates that I have an NPE.

My largest cM matches are all clustered together and at the bottom right of the chart are my known Cousins and out of the whole chart these few are the only ones in my tree, red arrow shows them.

So do set Low Expectations.

Chart for info, but I have removed the names to maintain confidentiality, you can see I am able to annotate clusters with ethnic groups