Author Topic: St Wilfrid, Mobberley - grave yard?  (Read 501 times)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Wilfrid, Mobberley - grave yard?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 20:20 BST (UK) »
One day I might get round to joining the FHSC but, so far, I’ve done OK without them!

Just trying to avoid having to search the whole church-yard to find a grave which might not have a stone.

The FHSC have a library in Mobberley, which happens to have a rather obscure book that I wanted to look at. I lived fairly locally then, and as a non-member I was able to go and look at it on payment of a small charge, and take copies of some pages on an iPad. If I'd needed to go a second time it might have been cheaper to become a member.

But actually I think I paid more than the £3 they want for the download - quite a bit more if you include the cost of petrol.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 22:46 BST (UK) »
So!!!!

Each to their own!
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 September 23 08:54 BST (UK) »
The FHSC centre in Mobberley isn’t that far from me either. They charge members £3 and non-members £5 for admission.

I did call in a few years ago to enquire about a CD ROM (prior to things being downloadable). They didn’t have any for sale.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 28 September 23 19:41 BST (UK) »
Anything on 'Find a Grave'?
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />