Author Topic: Maurice Jeal  (Read 265 times)

Offline ezyryder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Maurice Jeal
« on: Wednesday 27 September 23 21:44 BST (UK) »
Evening All

Could someone do a lookup for me regarding Maurice Jeal b. Feb1921 Croydon. I am trying to establish my Fathers birth address. Mother was Ruth Ada Jeal nee Leigh and Father was Maurice Obed Jeal, the 2 addresses that I know they lived at are 8 Cooper Road and 7 Hillside Road both in Croydon but I know these are later addresses. I have through the family heard the address Penshurst Road in Thornton Heath Croydon mentioned but I would like to know for sure. Am I right in thinking the 1921 Census would give that information. Thanking all in advance for any information found. Dave

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Maurice Jeal
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 22:14 BST (UK) »
We are not allowed to ask for look ups on the 1921 census.  Have you tried searching for the family using a free search
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 22:47 BST (UK) »
I am trying to establish my Fathers birth address

His birth address should be on his birth cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 23:07 BST (UK) »
Evening All

Could someone do a lookup for me regarding Maurice Jeal b. Feb1921 Croydon. I am trying to establish my Fathers birth address. Mother was Ruth Ada Jeal nee Leigh and Father was Maurice Obed Jeal, the 2 addresses that I know they lived at are 8 Cooper Road and 7 Hillside Road both in Croydon but I know these are later addresses. I have through the family heard the address Penshurst Road in Thornton Heath Croydon mentioned but I would like to know for sure. Am I right in thinking the 1921 Census would give that information. Thanking all in advance for any information found. Dave

In the 1924 Wards Directory for Croydon, Maurice Obed Jeal was listed at 7 Waddon Marsh Lane.
At the time of his marriage to Ruth Ada Leigh in November 1920, he was living at Waddon Lodge Gardens, which was the same address as on his RAF Service Record (he was a driver in WW1 - Attestation in April 1917).

In 1939 the family were living in Cooper Road at the back of Duppas Hill Recreation Ground.

In 1963 they (Maurice Obed & Ruth, that is) were round the corner at 7 Hillside Road.  Looks like Maurice and his wife Nellie were living in Burgess Hill in 1963.

Hope this is helpful

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble