Author Topic: Ann Millns Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire  (Read 450 times)

Offline gaz2195

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Millns Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 September 23 22:45 BST (UK) »
Sarah Jackson was Abraham's younger sister. Thomas, I assumed to be Ann's father, though if it is the family I think it is, it could also be her brother (born 1830 or 1831)

It is her father's forename from the marriage record and her birthplace from census information that led me to think Ann Millns born in 1822 in Carlton in Lindrick is the correct person, but only because that one is the only one close to the right details from that area (It's Nottinghamshire but very close to South Yorkshire). That record gives her mother's forename as well, which is the individual (and her side of the family) I really need to know is linked through Ann Millns or not.

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 September 23 09:12 BST (UK) »
According to the census returns Thomas Millns wife Hannah was born in Firbeck circa 1794.  There is a Hannah Gottam bpt in Firbeck in 1792.  On the 1861 census a Martha Oxley age 8, visitor, is with Thomas and Hannah.  Martha Oxley's mother's maiden name was Cottam.

27/11/1820 St John the Evangelist Carlton in Lindrick Thomas Millas bachelor mar Hannah Cottam spinster botp with consent of parents, both X, wit (not sure) Wm Jervis x 2
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne

Offline gaz2195

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 30 September 23 12:17 BST (UK) »
That's the info I have also and it's the Cottams that I'm trying to prove are linked to Ann Millns.

I think it's very likely with the information available, I just not certain.

Cut a long story short, my wife has Cottams from Carlton in Lindrick in her tree from around the same time and it's making me feel a bit uneasy  :-[