Author Topic: House number in Murchison Street, Scarborough  (Read 127 times)

Offline ShawThing

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
House number in Murchison Street, Scarborough
« on: Friday 29 September 23 16:10 BST (UK) »
My great grandparents lived in Murchison Street, Scarborough between 1916 and 1920, but I do not know the house number.  There were different sizes of houses in the street, so knowing the house number would give me an idea of their social standing at the time (they had moved from running a nineteen roomed hotel in Prince of Wales Terrace but had suffered after the Bombardment of Scarborough like many others in the hotel trade).

As they moved in and out of the street between census years, they are no help.  There was someone on here offering look ups in the Scarborough and District Street Directory of 1920 but they have not been active since 2011. 

Does anyone else have something similar for the relevant years or know of any other way I can find the address?  I live in Cornwall so cannot get to any Yorkshire record offices myself.

My great grandparents names were John Jonah (or Jonah John) Atkinson and Clara Harriet Atkinson.

Thank you.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: House number in Murchison Street, Scarborough
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 September 23 16:46 BST (UK) »
Have you contacted the records office by phone to see if they will do a lookup for you?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ShawThing

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 23 17:26 BST (UK) »
Have you contacted the records office by phone to see if they will do a lookup for you?
Of what record?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 September 23 17:28 BST (UK) »
The one you mention above - The Scarborough & District Street Directory
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)