Author Topic: Can someone read a few lines of 7 Nov 1821 convict travel doc please  (Read 820 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone read a few lines of 7 Nov 1821 convict travel doc please
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 October 23 07:51 BST (UK) »
Your clip is from
New South Wales, Australia, Gaol Description and Entrance Books, 1818-1930, Entrance Book, Sydney
1819-1833

I think the column for "Remarks" may actually read:
50 lashes xxxxx
and
xxx of sentence N C

Then the date Nov 7
in column To Whom Discharged - Sally

I think the N C may denote Newcastle as others on the page were being sent there.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 October 23 08:21 BST (UK) »
Your clip is from
New South Wales, Australia, Gaol Description and Entrance Books, 1818-1930, Entrance Book, Sydney
1819-1833

I think the column for "Remarks" may actually read:
50 lashes xxxxx
and
xxx of sentence N C

Then the date Nov 7
in column To Whom Discharged - Sally

I think the N C may denote Newcastle as others on the page were being sent there.

Judith

Thanks Judith -  and he has spent  a lot of time in Newcastle  .
I have searched high and low to find his death  but have run out of ideas  other than now checking hospitals as i saw ---possibly ---in the NSW State records index      a few John  Lees ot check .

Offline Ada Zeeks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Digging up my ancestors....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 30 October 23 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Matthew - a massive thank you regarding the ship... I learnt something new. I had never heard of the Sloop, so its good to know it was in the name, not the type of ship. 
IRELAND....
KELLY... plus Hamilton, McCormack, Dwyer, Condon, Flynn, Mahon, Keane, Quinn, Fox, Farrell, Lynch,  Moore, Hartigan, Martin....  Dwyer, Condon, Walsh, Curtin, Ryan.....
COUNTIES - Longford, Westmeath, Roscommon, Clare, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary and Cork... and probably more

ENGLAND
Johnson, Berryman, Garland, Caudwell, Sloss, Timsbury , Boddy, Dwyer, Kelly, Condon....

Convicts to Australia
Settlers and pioneers to Australia
Military History