Author Topic: BT DECOR 2200 CORDED DESK PHONE - 1571 INDICATOR NOT WORKING  (Read 334 times)

Offline MaidinEngland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BT DECOR 2200 CORDED DESK PHONE - 1571 INDICATOR NOT WORKING
« on: Sunday 01 October 23 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

Can anyone advise please.  We have a 1571 indicator on the home phone that flashes when messages are waiting.  There is no answerphone with the phone, this service is provided by the broadband/home phone provider.

I recently upgraded from basic broadband to fibre and around this time, the 1571 indicator stopped working which may be just coincidence.  I have changed the batteries but the problem persists.

I am not sufficiently techie to know whether this is a problem with my phone - or with the phone provider. 

Any help gratefully received.

Tks

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: BT DECOR 2200 CORDED DESK PHONE - 1571 INDICATOR NOT WORKING
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 October 23 19:59 BST (UK) »
Check out the following link it may help.  https://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Technology/Question1827989.html

BT say the solution is to get someone to ring you and leave a message. You then retrieve the message and delete it and that should clear things. If it doesn't report it as a fault.
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline MaidinEngland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 October 23 16:51 BST (UK) »
Tks Purlin

Some useful stuff there and good to have access to the online manual.

It didn't sort the problem unfortunately and Plusnet say they have reactivated the service their end and it should be ok after 24 hours.

Time will tell!

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 October 23 17:06 BST (UK) »
yep I think times sorts most things eventually.  Hope it gets sorted out.
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.