Author Topic: Elizabeth Kennewell  (Read 233 times)

Offline jordanamelia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Kennewell
« on: Friday 06 October 23 12:17 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Elizabeth Kennewell is my 4X GG she married my 4X GG William Tongue 20 Feb 1838 in St Michaels Church, Farnsfield, Nottinghamshire.
I have them in the 1841 census living in the hundred of Thurgaton in Farnsfield, Nottinghamshire with two children - Samuel and William .
In the 1851 census they are living at 90 New Lane in Farnsfield, Nottinghamshire with children Samuel, William and Ann. Elizabeth's birthplace is noted as Ireland and next to it reads 'Britt Sub' which some people on Ancestry have confused for a place and noted it as 'bitterly'.
In the 1861 census they are still in Farnsfield, Nottinghamshire living with children Samuel, William, Ann, Thomas, Mary and Henry. Elizabeth's birthplace says Dublin, Ireland.

I've been trying to find Elizabeth's birth record to discover her line of my tree but nothing seems to come up, I've been using Ancestry, Findmypast and Roots Ireland as my main searches. I've ordered a copy of the marriage certificate and hope there is mention of her father there.

I was hoping to come across others who may be searching the Kennewell name in hopes it might help me with my research.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Kennewell
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 October 23 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hello
I have a possible for you but you'll have to wait until the marriage certificate turns up  to be certain.

The certificate transcription on FreeReg gives fathers as Samuel Tongue and William Kennewell  but no occupations.

A William Kennewell married a Charlotte Middleton at Worksop 14.11.1808 wit Thomas Dukes and William Peacock.
And they had several children in Nottinghamshire.
Ann 31.7.1809 Worksop
Harriet born 8.7 1811 bapt Gunby on the Hill on 14th
Hannah 13.2.18114 Worksop William was a mason
Then no sign of them until 1841
Charlotte Kennewell Bridge St Worksop 53
1851 at Blidsworth with son in law Edward Marshall and daughter Harriet age 63 born Worksop.
7.10.1833 Worksop Hannah married Joseph Wale
28.7.1834 Blidsworth Ann married Thomas Dukes
26.6.1836 Knottingley Harriet married Edward Marshall

There is a baptism for a William Kennewell s of John and Elizabeth at Worksop 31.7.1791
Charlotte buried at Blidsworth 18 Nov 1854. age 67
Charlotte Middleton bapt 2 May 1787 Worksop d of William and Sarah

So it fits what you have but I can't see a baptism for Elizabeth c 1816 in Dublin

Fingers crossed on that certificate

Ciderdrinker

Offline Abhanliath

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile